Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tendering for contracts

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Not albion related, but thought I'd probe the font of knowledge that is NSC

Ive put in a tender for contract work for a major water/ utilities company and everything has been approved up until now.
Today they have asked for an Achilles / verify number which I know nothing about and wondered if anyone on here can shed any light or is involved in anything like this?
I gather it's to do with supply chain management , and to see if my business is up to scratch and run properly. It also puts me on a data base for other utility companies to fast track information, but not sure if Achilles are the only company that deals with this sort thing.

Any help or advice would be appreciated :thumbsup:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
if they insist you are registered with Achillies you'll have to go through the process to get signed up. The sad thing is, there are a number of these schemes that are supposed to effectively 'pre-qualify' business to enable them to do business, but in my experience they are time consuming, on occasion costly, and not interchangeable. For example, If the next tender you do require you to be registered with Exor, then you'll have to go through it all again with them. My suggestion, sign up to Achillies, but keep copies of all the documents you use, ready for when you get told to sign up to a different one nest time.

Oh and also, if the documents need updating every year (insurance, Chas etc) make sure you do it, they normally have a portal to upload them to, but it is worth diarising to make sure you don't forget.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
if they insist you are registered with Achillies you'll have to go through the process to get signed up. The sad thing is, there are a number of these schemes that are supposed to effectively 'pre-qualify' business to enable them to do business, but in my experience they are time consuming, on occasion costly, and not interchangeable. For example, If the next tender you do require you to be registered with Exor, then you'll have to go through it all again with them. My suggestion, sign up to Achillies, but keep copies of all the documents you use, ready for when you get told to sign up to a different one nest time.

Oh and also, if the documents need updating every year (insurance, Chas etc) make sure you do it, they normally have a portal to upload them to, but it is worth diarising to make sure you don't forget.

Ok great, thanks.

They have stated " or equivalent industry scheme" so doesn't have to be Achilles, as they have quoted me a hefty amount for the audit. Do you know of any similar?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Exor is the other one I know, probably best to fine an online comparison and choose that way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here