Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Don't worry about us, we are only supporters.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Hull City can reapply to change their name because too much was placed on what the supporters want. Quote "In its judgment, the panel found that the original ruling had placed too much weight on objections from supporters."
Albion V Watford may be moved for TV.
At what point do us loyal money paying supporters get any say in how our game is played? Somedays I get very angry, today is one of them.
:tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum::tantrum:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Its all about the money , the fans are just an after-thought in the game of modern football

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I'm having to miss all mid week games this season for various reasons - if Watford is moved to Friday I'll be, well, miffed.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Seems to me the club has made a rod for the supporters backs by installing state-of-the-art media facilities at the Amex whereby SKY just turn up and plug in. Can't really blame them for future-proofing the stadium, as they would have been aiming to be in the Premier League by now. Tho it rides roughshod over the fans who have bought tickets assuming the published Saturday kick-off will be honoured. IMHO there should be some kind of cashback compensation scheme in place to cover these late date changes. At the moment the whole thing is weighed heavily in favour of the broadcasters at the expense of the fans.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hull City can reapply to change their name because too much was placed on what the supporters want. Quote "In its judgment, the panel found that the original ruling had placed too much weight on objections from supporters."
At what point do us loyal money paying supporters get any say in how our game is played? Somedays I get very angry, today is one of them.

At least Cardiff has got back to blue, and called Bluebirds, rather than red Dragons. Sometimes the supporters win, even if it is the chairman's mother making him see sense.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
Seems to me the club has made a rod for the supporters backs by installing state-of-the-art media facilities at the Amex whereby SKY just turn up and plug in. Can't really blame them for future-proofing the stadium, as they would have been aiming to be in the Premier League by now. Tho it rides roughshod over the fans who have bought tickets assuming the published Saturday kick-off will be honoured. IMHO there should be some kind of cashback compensation scheme in place to cover these late date changes. At the moment the whole thing is weighed heavily in favour of the broadcasters at the expense of the fans.

This with nobs on

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011

When we, en masse, choose to stop paying for their product.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
When have fans ever had a say in how football is run?

Never.

The only difference is that there is more money in the game than before. Fans have never had any power. The state of the majority of football stadia at the end of 1980's is proof enough of that.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

So you've got very angry simply because Hull City can apply to change their name and Brighton v Watford may be changed.

You'll no doubt be incandescent with uncontrollable rage if Hull City do become Hull Tigers and our match is moved from Saturday. :lolol:

el punal

When have fans ever had a say in how football is run?

Never.

The only difference is that there is more money in the game than before. Fans have never had any power. The state of the majority of football stadia at the end of 1980's is proof enough of that.
Thank goodness a sane response. Back in the good old Goldstone days, where I watched the Albion for nigh on thirty years, they never put a roof over the bogs on the East Terrace from first to last. I actually got hit by the match ball, after it was belted into touch, as I was having a Jimmy Riddle. I felt violated but no one from the club enquired after my well being or offered me free match tickets. They didn't even offer to dry clean the garments affected in this traumatic event.

Still, there is one consolation now, the chances of the match ball reaching the West Upper and pinging it's way to the toilets under D block are pretty remote . . . . . aren't they?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Thank goodness a sane response. Back in the good old Goldstone days, where I watched the Albion for nigh on thirty years, they never put a roof over the bogs on the East Terrace from first to last. I actually got hit by the match ball, after it was belted into touch, as I was having a Jimmy Riddle. I felt violated but no one from the club enquired after my well being or offered me free match tickets. They didn't even offer to dry clean the garments affected in this traumatic event.

Internet changed all that forever. Nowadays you'd email Barber and - assuming there was still a Goldstone - there'd be a roof over the bogs on the East Terrace before the next home match.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm going to swim against the tide on this one, probably because this fella appears not to be Vincent Tan.
Hardly a great reason and certainly damning with faint praise.

But, isn't the owner a long standing man of Hull, with a serious amount of investment in the area.

He's not changing the nickname, colours, ethos of the club, he just wants to make it as marketable as possible.

Ask any of the Hull fans, do you want Premier League or Wigan, Leeds, Weds, Bolton etc, they to a man are going to say Premier League.
Unfortunately that comes at a price, a pretty hefty one.

I might be grumpy should Tony decide we're now the Brighton Seagulls.
It wouldn't stop me calling us Brighton, it'll encourage me to add the & Hove Albion.
But it's not something I'd lose my pooh over, in a bout of faux moral outrage.

Cardiff fans had the moral high ground but they gave it all away the moment the Premier League arrived.
They didn't give two poops until they were back in the second division.

That's just the way of 21st century soccerball.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I'm pretty sure I read somewhere the only TV slots available are on the Saturday.

Explain please. Sky have Man City on Sat 25th @17:30, Sunday Man Utd @13:30 & Arsenal v Chelsea @16:00. If Leeds already KO at 12:00 on Sat would Sky be permitted to go up against it? That only leaves Friday or Monday.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box

When we, en masse, choose to stop paying for their product.

This... Ultimately for as long as the "supporters" who watch on Sky have more buying power than the supporters who turn up at the stadium they will retain control.

Personally I think that all games should be played at 3pm on Saturday, but then televise as many as Sky wants (maybe even all) other the course of the week. Perhaps make it a criminal offence to talk about a game with anyone who wasn't there until the game has been televised to ensure that Sky get their required audience.

Seriously though... all games should happen at 3pm on Sat and then its up to Sky how they want to deliver the content they make to their audience and at what price. Perhaps the stupid money currently pouring into the PL would become far more reasonable if Sky only showed matches retrospectively and their revenue reflected the decreased demand.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here