Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What one thing would you do to improve NSC?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Is there a feature you've used on other sites you'd like to see here, or an NSC feature you don't like that you would turn off.

Or just something you've thought of that would make the site nicer, easier or better to use?

Let me know...

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], one thing I always notice when I go on the Sunderland 'Ready To Go' board to rubberneck the latest Poyet car crash, is that they have a big bold statement at the top headed 'Ad Blocking Software Detected' that goes on to say: 'We do not like adverts either, but they pay for the running and development of this website. Please consider disabling your ad blocker on RTG or joining one of our ad-free usergroups.' Like many others, I've got Ad Blocking switched off for NSC (apart from when we get the occasional annoying re-direct virus) and got it switched on for just about every other site. Reckon if you were to display a similar statement, assuming you have the technology, it might generate a bit more advertising clicks. Just a thought. Cheers.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] How much would a regular user have to pay to cover an ad-free experience??

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION], one thing I always notice when I go on the Sunderland 'Ready To Go' board to rubberneck the latest Poyet car crash, is that they have a big bold statement at the top headed 'Ad Blocking Software Detected' that goes on to say: 'We do not like adverts either, but they pay for the running and development of this website. Please consider disabling your ad blocker on RTG or joining one of our ad-free usergroups.' Like many others, I've got Ad Blocking switched off for NSC (apart from when we get the occasional annoying re-direct virus) and got it switched on for just about every other site. Reckon if you were to display a similar statement, assuming you have the technology, it might generate a bit more advertising clicks. Just a thought. Cheers.

I was close to doing the very same (and even considered blocking the site completely to ad-blockers) recently when I looked at how many on NSC ad-block but then forgot about it. I'll re-visit that.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I use a forum that has the total number of thumbs up on the thread displayed to the left of the thread title on the main page. That way you can instantly notice threads that are obviously very popular , thinking the KazArt one in particular, and are less likely to miss the really good stuff.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] How much would a regular user have to pay to cover an ad-free experience??

Very, very little!

I have thought about £10/£15 per year for an NSC+ type account where you can choose to turn off ads, choose from different templates and have other bonus or enhanced features. (Everyone would still have exactly the same viewing and posting rights)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I use a forum that has the total number of thumbs up on the thread displayed to the left of the thread title on the main page. That way you can instantly notice threads that are obviously very popular , thinking the KazArt one in particular, and are less likely to miss the really good stuff.

Can you post a link please?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here