Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Plastic Paddy Day

I had planned to go to the pub this evening, but having been reminded that anybody who has listened to a U2 album will be out pretending they really love Guinness and wearing a green foam hat with appropriate corporate sponsor's logo all over it, I shall just go to my local shop and take home a few bottles of London Pride instead.

I ****ing hate Plastic Paddy Day. It's bad enough having central London snagged up at the weekend for the parade, but today the pubs will just be full of wankers.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
All my maternal family are from Ireland and I've never once felt the urge to celebrate this day. I don't even mind the plastics, it's just a good excuse for a party so fair play. I drink Guinness in pubs anyway and if I happen to be out on Paddy's day there's usually a deal on so can't complain but as far as donning a foam hat and enjoying things being dyed green, no, never crossed my mind to get involved.

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
All my maternal family are from Ireland and I've never once felt the urge to celebrate this day. I don't even mind the plastics, it's just a good excuse for a party so fair play. I drink Guinness in pubs anyway and if I happen to be out on Paddy's day there's usually a deal on so can't complain but as far as donning a foam hat and enjoying things being dyed green, no, never crossed my mind to get involved.

Quite - And cue everyone telling us about their Irish ancestory and that's why they're 'celebrating'. Yawn. Oh, my paternal side from Ireland as well. I was born in Derby therefore British.

HHGull

BZ fan club
Dec 29, 2011

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Why can't we celebrate St Georges day etc etc whine whinge?

Saints days are for noddy countries, but if Guinness want to give me free beer then I'm not complaining.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Local authorities up and down the land will be giving support to St Paddy's Day parades. Try organising one for St George's Day next month. ???

I'll raise a glass to my Grand-pappy, who was from Clonmany in Donegal.

Amazing part of the world in terms of breathtaking physical scenery - my mothers' mob are Sheephaven Bay just along from there

Local authorities up and down the land will be giving support to St Paddy's Day parades. Try organising one for St George's Day next month. ???

Lol when is International Men's Day

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
:drink::drink::drink:

PCL, surely? :drink:

Haha all my dads side of the family are from County Clare in Ireland, although he was the only sibling born in England (as i was), so I've got alot of Irish blood that I'm proud of, but I dont celebrate St Patricks Day, as like most other 'celebratory days' its just another way for the government to make money.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here