Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Young Danny Pappoe looks a good jun in the making

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Pappoe looks like he carries a bit of timber to me... perhaps he suffers from the Kemy thing of looking overweight when in reality there is not an ounce of fat on him.

There were certainly a few young lads that looked half decent last night

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Pappoe is a walking red card. Needs to sort out his tackling and his short fuse before he's ready for the first team.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think Pappoe has three reds for the dev squad this season.

He has already played league football, as he had a loan spell at Colchester, from Chelsea. He came on as a sub in the 86th minute to make his debut, and still had time to get a straight red! impressive.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Dunk was similar when he moved up.

Whereas now he's just fine :lolol:

For what it's worth, I imagine Kayal will be a ten-yellows sort of fella once he gets a full season to work at it.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I like aggressive/dirty players on my team, as long as they manage to avoid getting caught most of the time. There's nothing to put a silky player off like the thought that he might have his legs broken in the next 90 minutes.

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
I like aggressive/dirty players on my team, as long as they manage to avoid getting caught most of the time. There's nothing to put a silky player off like the thought that he might have his legs broken in the next 90 minutes.

This is just what Ive been saying for years, we havent had a horrible **** in our side for far too long. When we hear opposition fans moaning about one of ours before a game has started we'll know we've got the right man!

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
I think Pappoe has three reds for the dev squad this season.

He has already played league football, as he had a loan spell at Colchester, from Chelsea. He came on as a sub in the 86th minute to make his debut, and still had time to get a straight red! impressive.

Jeffrey Monakana scored a cracker in that game!

By all account it was quite a harsh red for Pappoe, but there you go!

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
This is just what Ive been saying for years, we havent had a horrible **** in our side for far too long. When we hear opposition fans moaning about one of ours before a game has started we'll know we've got the right man!

Strong leaders and highly motivated players are great, essential in fact, but the classic 70'/80's type British enforcer is history.

Hardly a tackle is made and if one is he is liable for a red, then what ?

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle

Couldn't agree more. A Nobby Horton or an Ian Chapman figure is always an asset; not so much dirty just combative. Add Danny Wilson to that, come to think of it.....

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Pappoe is a walking red card. Needs to sort out his tackling and his short fuse before he's ready for the first team.

Agreed, didn't go last night, but as per another thread, just don't think he's first team material. Bit cumbersome and was probably the 'biggest kid in school', but now physically may have met his match hence the added aggression (just a theory).

Ye to see him have a decent game.

Rea on the other hand is really promising, but more as a defensive midfield player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here