Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
ch-160315-l229-2338774_478x359.jpg

Chris Hughton
Image by: Paul Hazlewood

PUBLISHED
06:00 17th March 2015
by James Hilsum
It’s difficult but we need to make sure we perform as well as we can and pick up as many points as we can as quickly as possible."
Chris Hughton

At his pre-match press conference, Chris Hughton told the media the latest team news, spoke about the test which Millwall will provide, and the decision to select either Aaron Hughes or Greg Halford due to Lewis Dunk’s absence through suspension.
dunk-l229-1782398.jpg

Team news: “We’re okay at the moment; Dunky [Lewis Dunk] is the only one that’s not available, so we have no fresh injuries from Saturday.”

Looking ahead to Millwall: “I don’t expect any comfortable games in this division, particularly when you’re up against a team that is fighting to get out of the bottom three.
“It’s quite an intimidating place to play and you have to make sure you’re brave and bold enough to go and play there.
“It’s a big game for us and there is no getting away from that because they are a team that are below us in the league and it’s not only about us getting points, it’s about us getting points which you don’t want them to get.
“We accept and know that it is a big game but it’s one of numerous big games that we have left. We have still got to go to Rotherham and to Wigan, so it’s about getting the points when we can. When you have got nine games to go and you’re in the position we’re in then every game becomes a big game and the points become even more valuable.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

hughes-l229-2127103.jpg
halford-190115-l229-2213798.jpg
Halford or Hughes:
“It’s a straightforward decision between the two of them, but it’s a difficult one to make.“We brought Greg in and he played at centre-half in the games just before I arrived and did very well in that position. He gives us something different to Hughesie [Aaron Hughes], who’s a very good experienced defender.
“If you see Aaron train, then you’ll know he always makes himself ready and available for every game because he trains very well.
“The decision won’t be based on fitness because Greg would be similar position to Aaron; although he played against Reading, he hasn’t started so many games so it will be a straight decision on what I feel is the right person for the job.
"That’s the sort of competition and the tough decisions you want to make. I’m quite sure that whoever comes in for Dunky certainly won’t let us down."
Verdict on current league position: “When I arrived, my objective was to get us away from that relegation zone and try to get as many points clear as possible. I certainly felt a lot more comfortable last week when we were nine points clear, but that was the objective from the beginning.
“The reality at the moment is Blackpool have found it difficult, but if you look at the teams above them then you can see that everyone is capable of winning games and they have done.
“Wigan have won games; Millwall have found it difficult, but ourselves, Rotherham and Fulham are all capable of winning games.
“It’s difficult but we need to make sure we perform as well as we can and pick up as many points as we can as quickly as possible.”
[h=3]ALBION V NORWICH
[/h]FRIDAY 3RD APRIL, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BOURNEMOUTH
[/h]FRIDAY 10TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V HUDDERSFIELD
[/h]TUESDAY 14TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here