Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Movies you expected to enjoy but didn't...

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
In response to the "Movies you didn't expect to enjoy ..." thread, what are films you thought you might have enjoyed but turned out to be a bit shit???

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Blade Runner. I love Dick and Do Androids Dream..." is one of my favourites but I hated Blade Runner - the epitome of style over substance. Steven Spielberg showed how to do Dick with Minority Report - and that even had the disadvantage of Tom Cruise in it

carteater

Jan 1, 2014
West Sussex
Jack Reacher, it looked good in the trailer, and had some good moments, but also had a lot of slow moments, in other words the pacing of the film wasn't great.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
The second Star Wars trilogy .... never been let down so badly by a set of films.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
If there is one genre of film that I am more disappointed in than any other it is always science fiction. The thing is I always want to like it.......it's such an open subject but I nearly always find fault. Maybe there is too much license for directors. I enjoyed Her though. I thought that was quite excellent.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
No Country For Old men.
1st time i fell asleep so re-wound to find I had only been 4 mins in. After the 3rd time of falling asleep and finding I was only half way through, gave up. Load of old tosh.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
No Country For Old men.
1st time i fell asleep so re-wound to find I had only been 4 mins in. After the 3rd time of falling asleep and finding I was only half way through, gave up. Load of old tosh.

I love this film, certainly one of my favourites from the past ten years or so.

As mentioned above the Star Wars prequels were so bad they almost took the shine of the original films. I had such high hopes for them but they got progressively worse, I'm probably in the minority but I think The Phantom Menace whilst dog shit is the best out of the new films.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
The Deer Hunter

I've TRIED to like this film, I've given it every chance. But that opening wedding scene seems to drag on for about six days, and the rest of it - except for the Russian Roulette - is just so MEH.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I love this film, certainly one of my favourites from the past ten years or so.

I liked it a lot, the whole bolt-gun thing with the assassin was superb. Javier Bardem as Anton is brilliant.

But....I HATED the ending.

anygivensunday

Jul 5, 2012
Singapore
I liked it a lot, the whole bolt-gun thing with the assassin was superb. Javier Bardem as Anton is brilliant.

But....I HATED the ending.

Great film, I personally love the ending, though a lot of people were scratching their heads when I saw it in the cinema.

Agree with the Deer Hunter though, just can't get on with it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Deer Hunter

I've TRIED to like this film, I've given it every chance. But that opening wedding scene seems to drag on for about six days, and the rest of it - except for the Russian Roulette - is just so MEH.

I don't like The Deer Hunter either, but I went to see it with an open mind not knowing whether I'd like it or not. I didn't like but it wasn't a film I expected to like to I'm not sure it counts as one I was expected to enjoy

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
American Hustle and the Sci Fi one with Charlize Theron being chased by a big round space ship, I can't remember what that was called.
I don't understand why she didn't run off to the side, it would have missed her then.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
I was expecting better from American Hustle, the trailer literally showed all the best bits.

In a twist I can come up with a new category - films you used to love but now think are a bit rubbish- and my vote for that goes to Human Traffic. LOVED it when it first came out, have watched it many times over the years, but watched it with some mates a few weeks ago and cringed the whole way through. It's aged terribly.

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
American Hustle and the Sci Fi one with Charlize Theron being chased by a big round space ship, I can't remember what that was called.
I don't understand why she didn't run off to the side, it would have missed her then.

When I saw this thread I knew instantly which one id nominate. The film youre looking for is PROMETHEUS. its an alien prequel it should be amazing but it just doesn't make any sense

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here