Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Should we hit the loan market to ensure safety?

Should we hit the loan market to ensure safety?

• Yes

Votes: 9 18.0%
  • No

Votes: 29 58.0%
  • Let's see where we are after Millwall and Blackburn

Votes: 12 24.0%

• Total voters

North Stand Polls

Feb 25, 2015
Wigan have taken to the loan market today, bringing in two players in their bid to help dig themselves out of the hole they are currently in.

Should we be doing the same - better safe than sorry and all that - particularly with our ongoing goalscoring woes.

League Scorers

Teixeira - 6
Dunk - 5
Calderon - 4
Bruno - 3
LuaLua - 3
Baldock - 3
Greer - 2
Many others, including Mackail-Smith and O'Grady - 1

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
No. Our squad is ok to see us over the line

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
We are not in a hole at the moment and with the points difference are not candidates for relegation, although we may come close.
So no, save the money for end of season clear out.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We are not in a hole at the moment and with the points difference are not candidates for relegation, although we may come close.
So no, save the money for end of season clear out.
If we don't win tonight we are back in the shite as I can't see us getting much at Blackburn.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If we are 10 points clear of Wigan after tonight, then NO.

If we are 4 points clear of Wigan after tonight, then YES.

I'll vote later tonight.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Yes. Another striker who can get 5 or 6 goals between now and the end of the season
And who might this mystery striker be?
A fella who can score almost a goal a game and yet be unwanted by his parent club.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Our history with loan strikers is abysmal why waste money.

Absolutely this. Have we had a truly successful loan striker since Zamora (6 goals in 6 games)? Maybe Barnes (4 goals in 8 games) or Lloyd "Raise the Roof" Owusu (7 goals in 14 games)?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Absolutely this. Have we had a truly successful loan striker since Zamora (6 goals in 6 games)? Maybe Barnes (4 goals in 8 games) or Lloyd "Raise the Roof" Owusu (7 goals in 14 games)?

I thought Darren Bent was very good, considering nobody thought to pass him the ball.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I thought Darren Bent was very good, considering nobody thought to pass him the ball.
We didn't actually win a game with Darren Bent playing did we? Shows that a star loaner doesn't guarantee anything.

Besides, we probably need no more than another 6 points - I can't see Wigan gaining 14 points from their remaining 9 games - and even 6 points in 9 would equate to our worst run of this poor season!

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
We didn't actually win a game with Darren Bent playing did we? Shows that a star loaner doesn't guarantee anything.

Besides, we probably need no more than another 6 points - I can't see Wigan gaining 14 points from their remaining 9 games - and even 6 points in 9 would equate to our worst run of this poor season!

I couldn't see them staying up all the other times they've stayed up either. Don't write them off just yet.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that we are safe from being overtaken by Blackpool and Milwall and one out of Wigan, Fulham and Rotherham all we have to do is match their scores if they win so must we, if they draw, a draw will do for us, if one of them loses we can afford to also provided we do not lose by a bigger margin. If not we have 14 days in which to panic and sign a couple. Lets look at it again at 5.00pm on Saturday.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think that we are safe from being overtaken by Blackpool and Milwall and one out of Wigan, Fulham and Rotherham all we have to do is match their scores if they win so must we, if they draw, a draw will do for us, if one of them loses we can afford to also provided we do not lose by a bigger margin. If not we have 14 days in which to panic and sign a couple. Lets look at it again at 5.00pm on Saturday.

We don't have to match Wigan; they're 7 points (and a large goal diff) behind us!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here