Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Midfield three - Kayal,Bridcutt and Stephens

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
whats people's thoughts on getting Bridcutt back.

I would love to see him with Kayal, they would be fantastic together. I'm guessing Sunderland didn't pay all the transfer fee up front for him so a deal could be a possibility.

Obviously that's at Hughtons discretion but wasn't he interested once before or am I dreaming that?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
whats people's thoughts on getting Bridcutt back.

I would love to see him with Kayal, they would be fantastic together. I'm guessing Sunderland didn't pay all the transfer fee up front for him so a deal could be a possibility.

Obviously that's at Hughtons discretion but wasn't he interested once before or am I dreaming that?

Bridcutt is going wherever Poyet is going.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Can you begin to imagine the abuse he would get if he had a poor game? Soiled goods as far as the Albion are concerned. He'll do well for a Championship club, just not us.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Can you begin to imagine the abuse he would get if he had a poor game? Soiled goods as far as the Albion are concerned. He'll do well for a Championship club, just not us.

Imdont think that's the case at all actually. When Hammond came back that deal wasn't greeted with positivity but we supported him and everything was ok. I think it would all be forgotten about if the chance arose.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Imdont think that's the case at all actually. When Hammond came back that deal wasn't greeted with positivity but we supported him and everything was ok. I think it would all be forgotten about if the chance arose.

Do we need him though?

I'd rather have Ince, Stephens and Kayal.

I thought Bridcutt looked very average under Oscar Garcia. We did well to cash in on him.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Do we need him though?

I'd rather have Ince, Stephens and Kayal.

I thought Bridcutt looked very average under Oscar Garcia. We did well to cash in on him.

He's way better than Ince but I understand what your saying regarding the Oscar era. I thought that there were a couple of tweaks Oscar made that changed Bridcutt role though. If in the summer crofts, kemi and maybe 1 other left I would take him back in a shot.i would love to see Kayal play in front of someone with Liam's composure.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
He's way better than Ince but I understand what your saying regarding the Oscar era. I thought that there were a couple of tweaks Oscar made that changed Bridcutt role though. If in the summer crofts, kemi and maybe 1 other left I would take him back in a shot.i would love to see Kayal play in front of someone with Liam's composure.

Having watched him play for Sunderland I wouldn't say composure is one of his attributes anymore. Looks like a lost little boy these days sadly.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford

Having watched him play for Sunderland I wouldn't say composure is one of his attributes anymore. Looks like a lost little boy these days sadly.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
Did you actually watch him play for the last 6 months with us? Just asking.

Yes thanks. Also watched the 3 years before. He was fantastic under Poyet from start to finish. Not going to judge him on on a poor couple of months when he wasn't fully fit under Oscar. Didn't he miss the first 3 months of the season under Oscar apart from 2-3 games. He then came back in to the team and didn't look fit and was then sold.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I think that injury that kept him out for most of his time here under Oscar did more damage than we thought. I did love him though when he was here, however I'd rather we stuck with Kayak and Stephens and continued developing Ince and JFC.

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing

Surely that's just levels though. I know he was fantastic in the championship and that's where we are now. If we could get him back at cut price I think it's worth looking at.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Surely that's just levels though. I know he was fantastic in the championship and that's where we are now. If we could get him back at cut price I think it's worth looking at.

Yeah possibly, but I would worry about his motivation. It'd be a wage drop to come back to a club away from which he engineered a move. I'm not saying he wouldn't be a good signing as such, but I tend to be of a mind to move on.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Don t think we need him.
Of all the places on the pitch CM is not a top priority. Kayal and Stephens are much better players. Ince will also develop beyond the levels Bridcutt is at. We also have JFC, crofts if he returns, march who can play there. If we were going for a CM I think the club needs to think about an attacking one.
Personally The club needs to find 2-3 very good strikers, 2 full backs, 2 CB and some wingers.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here