Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
marrs-l229-2337874_478x359.jpg

James Marrs
Image by: Geoff Penn

PUBLISHED
10:00 16th March 2015
by James Hilsum
It definitely sways towards Cardiff and Portsmouth now but they will slip up, I’m confident they will do that."
James Marrs

Brighton & Hove Albion women’s manager James Marrs says his side are still in the title race despite a 2-1 defeat at promotion rivals Portsmouth on Sunday.
Goals in each half from Lucy Quinn and Gemma Hillier put Pompey into a 2-0 lead before Fliss Gibbons struck in the 80th minute to set up a tense finish to the game, but Albion ultimately left Privett Park empty handed.
He told seagulls.co.uk, “It definitely sways towards Cardiff and Portsmouth now but they will slip up, I’m confident they will do that.
“They have still got each other to play as well so we just have to make sure we do what Coventry did last year and win every game now, starting next week against Cardiff.
“If we do that and there’s a slip-up then we’ll be there to grab it with both hands.”

LATEST NEWS FROM SEAGULLS.CO.UK

Marrs admitted that his side’s performance on the day was not good enough and that the players lacked a clinical edge in front of goal.
“You could see that Portsmouth had the desire to win the match and I felt that we didn’t have that same attitude. I thought we were second best to first balls, second balls and third balls as well.
“But once we got the ball down and played it a bit shorter, we started to create a few more opportunities and we could've come away with a draw.
“I don’t know how many shots they’ve had but from my recollection, they had two attempts and scored two goals.
“That’s the difference really; we had some opportunities even though we didn’t play particularly well, but never took them.
“I’m not going to say anything to the girls because they know we need to put our chances away and we should’ve done better with a number of them, but I can’t complain about the result.”[h=3]ALBION V NORWICH
[/h]FRIDAY 3RD APRIL, KICK-OFF 3PM

[h=3]ALBION V BOURNEMOUTH
[/h]FRIDAY 10TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

[h=3]ALBION V HUDDERSFIELD
[/h]TUESDAY 14TH APRIL, KICK-OFF 7.45PM

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here