Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gus gets the boot

Peter Ward

Dec 5, 2014
out back
The Sunderland management have wielded the axe and Poyet is sacked. They say it was inevitable after the Saturday's drubbing by Aston Villa and the long standing acrimony and performance issues. No, no, no NO; don't even think about it..

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I should imagine him Tanno and Oatway will remain up there and live out the rest of their natural lives in the north east, occasionally meeting up for day trips out to see The Angel of the North with cheese and pixie sandwiches and flasks of steaming tea.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I think I enjoyed the football under Gus at Brighton more than any other manager as far as I can remember, so I do wish him well. Saying that though, thanks Gus, just won a few quid on the managerial sack race!

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Hit the glass ceiling !
He'll never stay happy for long unless he's given unlimited funds and has complete control of hiring and firing

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Couldn't happen to a nicer fella. He will get another club in the summer then 18mths time the myth will well and truly be exposed...Just reported on news he wasn't happy with the set up/budget etc etc and felt he couldn't work with restraints at club....History repeating itself?

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
_71899175_gus_poyet_getty2.jpg

Forgot to turn his phone off :facepalm:

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Interesting to see where Bridcutt ends up because he'll surely rot in Sunderland's reserves if he stays. Can see him back in the Championship some time soon.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Big Sam apparently the favourite the get the job in the summer. I don't think you'd swap WH for the Mackems though, would you? Especially given that WH are going to be moving into their new ground soon etc. Unless the WH hierachy have set their sights on someone better than Big Sam?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Big Sam apparently the favourite the get the job in the summer. I don't think you'd swap WH for the Mackems though, would you? Especially given that WH are going to be moving into their new ground soon etc. Unless the WH hierachy have set their sights on someone better than Big Sam?

Dick Advocaat is fav.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here