Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How many s/t holders will the club end up with for season 2015/16?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
According to the Football League website, we had 23,175 in season 2013/14. I wouldn't know if that was the 'high water mark', or was surpassed this season?

Approximately how many s/t holders do you think the Albion will end up for 2015/16, come September?

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
According to the Football League website, we had 23,175 in season 2013/14. I wouldn't know if that was the 'high water mark', or was surpassed this season?

Approximately how many s/t holders do you think the Albion will end up for 2015/16, come September?

It is the high, down '5%' ish this term so 22k, prob 20k next unkess we buy Bobby then +++

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I'd say 10-15% lower. so just under 20k. A shame but there was always going to come a point when they started to decline. I was worried that we would lose a lot more earlier in the season but I think there are signs that we will be much more competitive next season and I would hope that TB recognises the danger signs and spends money and early...

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
18,000 is my prediction.

And those numbers taken on their own, are TREMENDOUS. Another season averaging 20,000+ would be more or less guaranteed.

Edit: this assumes we're not relegated!

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
16k,...... a real drop due to the turgid season (or two) we have had..... I think attendances may stay at a decent level, but the weight of attendees will definitely switch from ST to a match by match emphasis.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'd guess around 18,000 although a strong finish may nab some waverers and get us to 20,000. A nice early signing or two in the summer could chuck a 1000 or so on to that aswell.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
16k,...... a real drop due to the turgid season (or two) we have had..... I think attendances may stay at a decent level, but the weight of attendees will definitely switch from ST to a match by match emphasis.

I think the real drop will be more down to the large number of midweek games, including those rearranged at pretty short notice on the whim of SKY. Significant numbers of STHs are opting out of midweek games, for doubtless perfectly valid reasons. Must be fewer and fewer willing to do the equivalent of sitting at home tearing up £20 notes. Cheaper over the course of a season to just buy tickets for Saturday games at the last moment when you know they're not going to be switched to midweek.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think the real drop will be more down to the large number of midweek games, including those rearranged at pretty short notice on the whim of SKY. Significant numbers of STHs are opting out of midweek games, for doubtless perfectly valid reasons. Must be fewer and fewer willing to do the equivalent of sitting at home tearing up £20 notes. Cheaper over the course of a season to just buy tickets for Saturday games at the last moment when you know they're not going to be switched to midweek.
It's been a long drag of a season, to the point where a midweek schlep just isn't appealing.

TBH I'm quite looking forward to the season ending, my Albion batteries feel like they need a recharge.
I don't for one minute imagine I'm the only one.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I think we'll still top 20k next season (with loss of up to 4k existing but say 1-2,000 new ones). The arrival of CH and the on-pitch revival means that the dismay from midseason is behind us and, as mentioned above, the only real killer for many is the number of games not played at 3pm on saturday meaning that many (myself included) end up missing so many matches the value of a ST becomes doubtful.

I will renew, but another season of lots tue/fri games and I may switch to match by match purchases!

#SkyOut !

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I could do the research myself, but do you have handy the number of league midweek games we've had each season since the Amex opened?

It doesn't feel like we've had any more this season than in previous, maybe even less than some? Don't know, maybe you're right. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones transport wise as I really enjoy a midweek game - leave the kids at home, no real queues at the kiosk. Leeds and Derby 2 of the best home games for a long long time.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I'd say 10-15% lower. so just under 20k. A shame but there was always going to come a point when they started to decline. I was worried that we would lose a lot more earlier in the season but I think there are signs that we will be much more competitive next season and I would hope that TB recognises the danger signs and spends money and early...

Why spend? That's not going to bring people back, winning games and playing exciting football will bring people back.

D

Deleted member 22389

I think we'll still top 20k next season (with loss of up to 4k existing but say 1-2,000 new ones). The arrival of CH and the on-pitch revival means that the dismay from midseason is behind us and, as mentioned above, the only real killer for many is the number of games not played at 3pm on saturday meaning that many (myself included) end up missing so many matches the value of a ST becomes doubtful.

I will renew, but another season of lots tue/fri games and I may switch to match by match purchases!

#SkyOut !

If we manage 20k next season that would be amazing. I was thinking more like 16,000 - 18,000
Fing SKY. Why can't they just agree Sat 3pm, and if it's a midweek Wed 7:45pm for everyone in Championship and lower.

Do sky only have one set of cameras or something lol.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
27,643, would have been 27,644 but my brother in law is not renewing.

Btw. Does anyone know the best way to approach this......as my BIL is not renewing and sits to my left, and since poor Tony's passing the seat next to me to my right is now empty. If I wanted to move to my left and take my BIL's seat that will leave two seats together next to me. As that will presumably help the albion sell them, would anyone think they would charge me for moving seats?

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Why spend? That's not going to bring people back, winning games and playing exciting football will bring people back.

Not in June it won't.

People are more likely to renew/buy season tickets if they think there is a good season in front of them. A few decent signings will bring a buzz back to the place especially if people think we will have a real shot at promotion.

If we start the season with 5 straight wins the place will be a sell out just like it always has been, we are a bandwagon club, but signings and hope will start that process a lot sooner...

Also clearly the current squad are not going to play exciting and winning football anyway, they're just not good enough. We need reinforcements especially upfront...

SAC

May 21, 2014
17-18,000. A decent number but a blow for the money men. The club needs to ensure that it doesn't drop further year on year. Not increasing the price will help as will the new age category but in the end it is about winning matches or at least enjoying football.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I could do the research myself, but do you have handy the number of league midweek games we've had each season since the Amex opened?

It doesn't feel like we've had any more this season than in previous, maybe even less than some? Don't know, maybe you're right. I guess I'm one of the lucky ones transport wise as I really enjoy a midweek game - leave the kids at home, no real queues at the kiosk. Leeds and Derby 2 of the best home games for a long long time.

Don't have the stats either, but it does seem the midweek games are coming thick and fast this season. Also, I guess for the first couple of seasons in the new stadium long-distance supporters were buying season tickets for exactly the same emotional reasons as more local fans, and are maybe now just starting to be worn down by the midweek slog, especially as the fare on offer hasn't always been that inspiring. Just a hunch.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
17-18,000. A decent number but a blow for the money men. The club needs to ensure that it doesn't drop further year on year. Not increasing the price will help as will the new age category but in the end it is about winning matches or at least enjoying football.

I'd go with 17,000 too.

Don't we have about 20,500 at the moment, including approx. 3,000 1901s which won't change?

I'd guess at 20% of the remaining 17,500 'normal' STHs won't renew, giving a total of 17,000 including the 1901s

The club really need a good season next year with the 5 year 1901 deal coming to an end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here