Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ian Chapman

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
I know there's a few people on here who keep an eye out for Burgess Hill.

Chappers has signed a new 2 year contract, which is fantastic news as, with the unbelievable success of this season, there was always a concern he'd get snapped up by another club and take some of the key players with him (as often happens at our level). This gives Hill some stability and hopefully further development of the brilliant youth system which has borne fruit this season with the likes of Greg Luer, Dan Perry, Lee Harding and Will Miles making a significant contribution to our success (so far!). COYH!

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
My first ever "proper" match was watching the Hillians at Leylands Park. It was cold, but my half-time cuppa was lovely. Good news about Chappers - doing a great job there.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Nice one Chappers. An Albion legend if ever there was one, and I heartily endorse the sentiments about the youth system there.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
unbeaten in the leage and need roughly 10 more points to secure promotion.

It's all brewing up nicely for the game at Faversham on 28th March which could clinch it! (no Albion game as International break so would be great to get as many up there as possible to roar the boys on!).

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Good luck Burgess Hill it great to give them some support its very hard running clubs at this level and they are still unbeaten will done team and Chappers:thumbsup:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I have gotta get along there again before the end of the season.

Chappers:bowdown:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Stuart Tuck is the assistant too.

Saw he played a few weeks back as well. Left back central at the Hill.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I'm hoping they go the season undefeated.

I'm guessing there will be a host of clubs after Chappers signature, so BH will, at least get compensation, should he go.

I wonder what sort of salary a manager at that level would be on?

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
The ideal world would have been for him to develop his skillset with the .albion and worked his way through to ultimately manage the team. However, he always seems to get tucked up - whether it be by Case letting him go to town full of ******* or as a result of Wilkins' departure. It would be so good to have one of pur own coming right the way through the ranks. I guess Roy of the Rovers stuff only works in comics.
So pleased for him at BH. Be good to see them go through the season unbeaten in the league.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
The ideal world would have been for him to develop his skillset with the .albion and worked his way through to ultimately manage the team. However, he always seems to get tucked up - whether it be by Case letting him go to town full of ******* or as a result of Wilkins' departure. It would be so good to have one of pur own coming right the way through the ranks. I guess Roy of the Rovers stuff only works in comics.
So pleased for him at BH. Be good to see them go through the season unbeaten in the league.

Deffo this,never even got a well deserved testimonial from memory,burgess hill got a good thing with ian in charge,also a great coach in paul dolner who i know very well,and is verywell respected within the coaching set up in sussex

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ryman South I believe (Isthmian league in old money)

Ryman Isthmian South, next season should be Ryman Premier unless there is a spectacular falling off of the wheels. Not lost a league game this season, haven't checked this week but they are something like 10 points clear at the top with 2 games in hand and a GD of +60 approx. Remarkable season, only undefeated team in the top 8 tiers of English football. Worth getting along to a game at the 'Green Elephant Stadium' if no Albion clash. £9 entry and beer while you watch, crowds have increased dramatically (clearly have a JCL/plastics problem) from 100-200 a couple of seasons ago to 400+ now regularly. Chappers is supported by Tuckey.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Ryman Isthmian South, next season should be Ryman Premier unless there is a spectacular falling off of the wheels. Not lost a league game this season, haven't checked this week but they are something like 10 points clear at the top with 2 games in hand and a GD of +60 approx. Remarkable season, only undefeated team in the top 8 tiers of English football. Worth getting along to a game at the 'Green Elephant Stadium' if no Albion clash. £9 entry and beer while you watch, crowds have increased dramatically (clearly have a JCL/plastics problem) from 100-200 a couple of seasons ago to 400+ now regularly. Chappers is supported by Tuckey.

14 points clear with 2 games in hand, on 94 points and STILL haven't yet clinched it, which is a testimony to the consistency of the chasing pack (Faversham in particukar). 11 points needed from the last 10 games, the first of which is a tricky one at home to Whyteleafe -(no love lost between the 2 sets of fans)- tomorrow (Weds) ko 7:30.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill

14 points clear with 2 games in hand, on 94 points and STILL haven't yet clinched it, which is a testimony to the consistency of the chasing pack (Faversham in particukar). 11 points needed from the last 10 games, the first of which is a tricky one at home to Whyteleafe -(no love lost between the 2 sets of fans)- tomorrow (Weds) ko 7:30.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here