Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lord Nelson Inn, Brighton- Is it really 'much loved'?

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/11857512.Much_loved_pub_to_double_in_size/

3607134.jpg

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Certainly is by me! Love what the new landlord has done too, keeping up the good work, and character of the place and much improving the conservatory area.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
And it's a YES from me.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Not so sure the Nelson is 'much loved' but its part of the original fixtures and fittings of the town, much like the Prince Albert, Basketmakers, Evening Star and a host of other pubs that have been around since the year dot. May it live long and prosper!

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham
Not been in for a while,didn't bother when last down in August and we passed it a few times.Always was a decent boozer.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Does it deserve to be "loved" with this sign painted on it?

1962532_10152320494821635_490453491_o.jpg

:tongueincheeksmiley:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Does it deserve to be "loved" with this sign painted on it?

:tongueincheeksmiley:

:rant: no it bloody doesnt. i dont mind the new tidier interior, but its no longer really the same pub to claim its "much loved". no TV is a shame (unless they've seen the error) and its generally become a bit tarted up, rather than a rough round the edges backstreet city pub.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
:rant: no it bloody doesnt. i dont mind the new tidier interior, but its no longer really the same pub to claim its "much loved". no TV is a shame (unless they've seen the error) and its generally become a bit tarted up, rather than a rough round the edges backstreet city pub.

"no TV" ? It's a yes from me. I hate TVs in pubs. Other things I also hate in pubs are music, children, lager, food (bar snacks ok but not tables laid with cutlery), pool tables and carpet.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
"no TV" ? It's a yes from me. I hate TVs in pubs. Other things I also hate in pubs are music, children, lager, food (bar snacks ok but not tables laid with cutlery), pool tables and carpet.

sounds like you hate pubs, cant think of a pub without at least two of those. TV just for sports though, cant abide having regular tv programming on.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here