Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Development Squad

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
ALBION: Walton; Barry, White, Pappoe, Hunt; Davis (Tighe 69), Collar, Harris (Muitt 59); Deen, Tilley (Wiltshire 87), Starkey

Rust's first game in charge and the best U21 game I have seen for a long while. We got at newcastle early and Pappoe keeps improving and was a threat from set pieces, like the first team game against Leeds we looked fluid and attacked well and hung on under pressure, the score line should have been more than the 3-0. Great team performance from a very young side and things looking up under Rusts stewardship.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Also I know we had full kit W**nker at Reading away, but Peter Beardsley (U21 Newcastle coach) who is by no means a W**nker - was full kit superstar on the touchline last night, he looked like a kid who probably slept in his kit he loves football so much.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
What was the attendance last night 22,000:blush:

It looked low last night, a few hundred, I reckon too many people watching the free TV game. Because we played well it was a good atmosphere though and both us attacking and Walton making some superb saves, was end to end at times. Great advert for U21 footy and I'm glad the rules make them put on 3 games at the Amex. Recommend it, free to get in STH, free parking, for and drink kiosk and easy to arrive on time and get home to watch the end of the TV game.

I hope its as good a game tonight, would take the same result.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Great to hear.

Considering we were getting hammered after getting promoted into the Premier leagues this year, I thought we would finish bottom as all the other U21 sides have been well established for years.

However when you consider our better players are either out on loan or were not played due to first team action tonight, they have really done well to get results and match a Newcastle side that beat us 3-1 up there and have been top of our league. Its an exciting prospect with Rusk who was managing the U18 to great success now steps up and brings on this (his) set of players.

Attachments

• U21 Table 1.jpg
    U21 Table 1.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 346
  • U21 F 1.jpg
    U21 F 1.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 347

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
No Glen Rea in the squad last night. I wonder if that's down to injury or whether we may see him on the bench tonight.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
No Glen Rea in the squad last night. I wonder if that's down to injury or whether we may see him on the bench tonight.

Highly likely I'd have thought (tonight). Halford or Hughes in the starting line up leaves a space on the bench.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Surprised to learn that Newcastle side have been top of their league. They've not exactly been renowned for producing brilliant youngsters in recent years. Andy Carroll, Steven Taylor...there aren't many others.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Surprised to learn that Newcastle side have been top of their league. They've not exactly been renowned for producing brilliant youngsters in recent years. Andy Carroll, Steven Taylor...there aren't many others.

Krul was a youth player, as I remember watching him save the penalties, when our youth played them in 2006. LuaLua was a sub in that game for them.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here