Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Movies you didn't expect to enjoy ...

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So as a normal middle aged grumpy git I often pre-judge movies ( well films really !!! ) and don't watch them. A good example is the Marvel franchise .... utterly boring other than of course the fantastic Scarlett Johansson. So the kids persuaded me to watch Guardians of the Galaxy tonight ... well this old git was well entertained. Funny script and great soundtrack.

Come on you old gits ...... what films have you watched under protest but then begrudgingly enjoyed ?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
I thought Guardians Of The Galaxy was one of the films of 2014. Second only to Nightcrawler. As for films I did not expect to enjoy- Philomena with Judie Dench and Steve Coogan was one. Based on the book by Martin Sixsmith about Philomena Lee and her search for her missing son.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Gone With the Wind. - forty years ago as a student I was always rude about it, dismissing it as a load of romantic tosh. Then it was re-released, so I went to see it so I could be rude about it with authority. I thoroughly enjoyed it. That actually taught me a lesson.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Kick Ass

I was planning a trip to Beachy Head on being informed i was going to have to watch this.
Everything i hate rolled into one as far as my viewing preferences go.

A film that has no reason to exist, a storyline that is stupid and just wrong on every level.

The only film i have started to watch thinking WTF am i doing here and at the end asking for it to be played again.

Who doesnt enjoy a film with a little girl with a gun saying c:censored:

wunt be druv

Oh bugger..!
Jun 17, 2011
In my own strange world
Shrek,was FORCED to take Wunt be druv junior to see it,ended up loving it more than he did,probably watched it about a thousand times now and still laugh my head off,not too keen on the sequels of it though.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Singin' in the Rain. Thought I was in for some hackneyed, old-fashioned dross, how wrong was I.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
GOTG for me as well, I don't really enjoy comic book movies other than Batman, so when I watched it I suprised how much I really enjoyed it.

Some huge plot holes but a fun movie and obviously yes is still the answer, I dont care if she is green.

Another movie which I enjoyed and didnt expect to was Pacific Rim, Never been a fan of these type of films, but couldnt help but enjoy seeing giant robots smash up giant monsters.

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Another for GOTG. Loved The Avengers but really wasn't fussed about GOTG but got dragged to the cinema to see it and loved it. Also wasn't expecting to love The Lego movie as much as I did.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Kick Ass

I was planning a trip to Beachy Head on being informed i was going to have to watch this.
Everything i hate rolled into one as far as my viewing preferences go.

A film that has no reason to exist, a storyline that is stupid and just wrong on every level.

The only film i have started to watch thinking WTF am i doing here and at the end asking for it to be played again.

Who doesnt enjoy a film with a little girl with a gun saying c:censored:

ohhhww for **** sake ....my daughters need to see that.....not....!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here