Name the new NSC Greyhound - The Poll

Choose the name for NSCGreyhounds new dog

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Thanks for all the nominations received on the other thread.

We have come up with a shortlist of five names, any of which we think would make a great name for northstandchat's sixth greyhound when he makes his debut under our ownership next month. He is currently based at Cork in Southern Ireland and is Brindle dog just under 2 years old, with 13 races under his belt.
He will travel over to England this week and join Jason Heath's Ballytag kennels near Gatwick http://jasonheathtrainer.com/

The new dog's most recent run was Friday night in Cork which he won in an A5 grade race in 29.17seconds. His name at the moment is Cleanaway Leader. You can see his latest win on the IGB website.

Voting to choose his ALBION name in the poll below is open until Wednesday.

Thanks for your support :thumbsup:

Follow the dogs on twitter [MENTION=5698]NSC[/MENTION]Greyhounds and on facebook

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
If Calde wins it, I wonder how many football players have a racing dog named after them? Indeed I wonder how many out of contract players have a racing dog named after them? Club to take note hopefully............

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
If you want to name a horse after someone you need their permission (unless they are dead).
This might be different for dogs or it might not count as it's a nickname.

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
If you want to name a horse after someone you need their permission (unless they are dead).
This might be different for dogs or it might not count as it's a nickname.

Hopefully be ok, we didn't have any problems with Albion bloom.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Calde seems to be there clear favourite so far

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I've gone for Stripes. What happens if we name it after a player who then leaves? And he's currently called cleanaway leader, so if you change his name will he answer to it. Six dogs at the start and the crowd shouting 'come on albion xxxxxx', and all six dogs say to each other 'is that you as it's not my name'.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I've gone for Stripes. What happens if we name it after a player who then leaves? And he's currently called cleanaway leader, so if you change his name will he answer to it. Six dogs at the start and the crowd shouting 'come on albion xxxxxx', and all six dogs say to each other 'is that you as it's not my name'.

It's even more confusing than that!

We all shout "Come on Eric!" when Albion BLUE is running. At least if he doesn't win, we can pretend he did well, as nobody really knows who we're cheering on. Apart from Eric, of course.....

Do we know what the new dog's kennel name is, [MENTION=15613]prawnsarnies[/MENTION] ?

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
It's even more confusing than that!

We all shout "Come on Eric!" when Albion BLUE is running. At least if he doesn't win, we can pretend he did well, as nobody really knows who we're cheering on. Apart from Eric, of course.....

Do we know what the new dog's kennel name is, [MENTION=15613]prawnsarnies[/MENTION] ?

Well the staff at Ballytag will give him a kennel name as this is the name they use in their working day, they defo don't currently have a Calde, so prob be that.

Last edited:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Well the staff at Ballytag will give him a kennel name as this is the name they use in their working day.

I think I might ask them to call the new dog Mark

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here