Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cricket Rivalries

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
It is fair to say that Cricket rivalries aren't quite the same as Football, but I was asked the other day by a Worcestershire supporter who Sussex's rivals are.

I was hard pressed to give an answer. I said that Hampshire may be the closest option, as I think they may see us a two-way rival. Although Surrey matches can be a bit niggly. I know Sussex and Kent women are fierce rivals.

How do other Cricket fans in NSC see this ?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Rivals are few and far between. I guess you have the occasional one - Lancashire/Sussex 'The discovery of rain' and long standing ones - The Battle of the Roses.

I saw Surrey as a 'derby' as they used to throw their money at our players. Didn't quite work out for them!

I think a lot depends on the captains and players. A rivalry can be born out of individual clashes and only last a season.

If there were proper rivalries, Hove would have their deckchairs bolted down.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I know Worcestershire and Warwickshire is a two way rivalry, with Yorkshire and Lancashire being the most obvious of all.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
when I was at school I always imagined that St Peters and St Mathias were bitter rivals - not sure why

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Kent

matches played at Tunbridge Wells must be one of the closet in terms of distance in couty cricket

Jan 30, 2008
It is fair to say that Cricket rivalries aren't quite the same as Football, but I was asked the other day by a Worcestershire supporter who Sussex's rivals are.

I was hard pressed to give an answer. I said that Hampshire may be the closest option, as I think they may see us a two-way rival. Although Surrey matches can be a bit niggly. I know Sussex and Kent women are fierce rivals.
Got a bit lively at Lords a few years back against Hampshire ,
How do other Cricket fans in NSC see this ?
got a bit lively against Hampshire at Lords a few years back ??? also Essex at the county ground so I heard ???
regards
DR

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here