Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Premier League football at the Amex?

Would you like Palace to groundshare at the Amex?

• Yes

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • No

Votes: 100 94.3%

• Total voters

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace
In the event that Selhurst Park is redeveloped, the current residents may need to relocate for a while. Possibly even to the South Coast.

Would the good people of NSC be in favour of ground sharing?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think the footballing authorities would object to a groundshare. Palace could well end up at stadium:mk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Wouldn't really be in favour of all the homophobic chanting as the goons arrive at Brighton station every other week.

So no from me.

In any case, I reckon there would be next to zero chance of BH Council amending the ground regs / planning conditions to allow double the number of matches at the Amex.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
It would never get past the council but lest we forget that Gillingham got £480,000 out of us for the honour of playing there. Of they stumped up with the cash then no problem. Of course that's easy for me to say as I live nowhere near the ground.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Crawley is closer.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Its a yes from me! Losing the millions we are it would me mad to say no! Think of the money coming into the city its a win win:thumbsup:

Not a chance BH Council will sanction the inevitable homophobic chanting at Brighton station as the hoards arrive every 2 weeks.

Palace would have their council permission to play at the AMEX revoked within a month !

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Palace would not be able to afford to replace the padded seats every other week.

How much is the land at Selhurst worth? If this new deal goes through, I reckon Palace will be ground sharing with Gillingham before you know it....

SAC

May 21, 2014
With Fulham, Charlton and Millwall all within 10 miles (or so), why ground share with a club 50 miles away?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here