Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Craig Mackail-Smith

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
I've seen squirrels that are more clinical than he is

Surely has to be released at the end of the season despite the financial hit that will entail

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
As of January - players out of contract - Chris will do what he needs to build a team, he has used CMS very well so far, I trust he will make that call not any of us

Attachments

• BC 11.jpg
    BC 11.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,739

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
If he takes a 50% pay cut then he can stay.

I would give him a 2 year deal on half pay with a healthy goal bonus then try to get the best out of him. If it works then great we have a scoring striker and if it half works and we can get better then he becomes a saleable commodity.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
He's had a good stint with us, and won't get any better. Let him go elsewhere, and put the wages towards another striker.

The savings on the wages of CMS and Kemy should allow us to sign a couple of decent strikers to complement COG and Baldock.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I struggle to understand why we'd want to keep him, are we not aiming to get to the Premier League? Even when we were good he wasn't prolific. We desperately need strikers who are are very big upgrade on CMS to stand any chance of promotion.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Give him new contract and play with support for him to stretch defences. When fit Baldock will do this.

He's patently failed under several coaches/managers, and at age 31 plus, will be rapidly losing the only thing he was moderatly good at, at Championship level ... stamina and shuttle sprints. To fit a system around a failed striker would be madness, and would use up some of the precious player payroll budget. Time for the club and CMS to part ways.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Give him new contract and play with support for him to stretch defences. When fit Baldock will do this.

He is well past his sell by date , let him return to Peterborough for nothing in the summer.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
The bloke has tried his arse off, BUT it just hasn't worked for him. He looked completely ****ing pissed off on Saturday. Ran the channels as usual, had a few attempts at goal, exhibited his usual abysmal first touch. I really like his effort and I'd love him to score a hat trick on Tuesday but unless he gets the opportunity to play with a strike-partner (and that aint going to happen) he should go and play his football somewhere else.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
There's only one Chris O'Grady who, despite all the positive messages that came out when he was denied a move to Sheffield, has been completely bloody sidelined in favour of a top bloke, who runs his heart out, tries as hard as he can, expends more effort than anyone else on the field... and is still pretty bloody ineffective.

Time to start COG week after week instead.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
Smashing fella but he has failed miserably.
He should've scored a hat trick at least yesterday, there is no time for sentiment now.
Not up for the job.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
CMS is not really what we need, even if the budget means we are trading down a bit (which i hope is not the case)

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
10/10 for effort, 3/10 for end result, thanks Craig but the door is that way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here