Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stadium Announcer / Subs

sixnilup

Jul 24, 2007
Does anybody know why the Club have stopped announcing the subs for? Wolves was the third home game in a row.
How are the fans supposed to know who the subs are?

Ken Newbury

Feb 6, 2006
1/2 mile from LDC country
Does anybody know why the Club have stopped announcing the subs for? Wolves was the third home game in a row.

I'm assuming you're fishing but I'll bite anyway!

The subs were shown on the screens during ROF and also shown for the first five minutes alternating between the starting elevens. There is no way on earth that you, or indeed anyone, didn't know who they were.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
If you get really stuck I've heard people talk about Facebook and Twitter which apparently is a good sauce of such info.

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
was a question on 'Ask The Club', they want to play Ring of Fire, which takes up the time they used for showing the subs, now just a list on the big screen

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Alternatively you could recognise the players who are subs by looking at them. When the Albion are warming up a good clue is the ones who are not involved in the short passing routine are the subs. If it spoils your afternoon by not having the sub's announced stay away as a protest

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
was a question on 'Ask The Club', they want to play Ring of Fire, which takes up the time they used for showing the subs, now just a list on the big screen

They are announced the first time around, when the team is.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

Well there are numerous options for you:

1. Own or know an owner of a smart phone, we are usually on the train into Falmer an hour before KO and the team, including subs soon filters along the carriages.
2. Look at the TV screens on the concourses for the numerous times the team including subs is put up on the screens in the hour before KO
3. Look at the big TV's in full view of every seat in the stadium during the hour before KO
4. Look at the big screens just after KO to see the subs listed for both teams

erkan

Dec 9, 2004
Eastbourne
If you don't watch the warm up, or can't identify our players, then you don't deserve to know.

sixnilup

Jul 24, 2007
I take my seat 10 minutes before the game and when the announcer reads out the teams at kick off he has always reads the the subs too. this has now stopped. Subs are not displayed on the two screens. I don't watch the warm ups, and funnily enough can't recognise the subs when there sitting on the benches from upper west.

But thank you all for your kind comments and constructive criticism.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It IS a load of bollocks that subs aren't announced straight after the starting XI just before kickoff. For all the smug answers about checking a smartphone, or watching TV's on the concourse beforehand, stick it up yer arse. I usually take my seat a few minutes before kickoff, and find it an irritant that they'll run through the team but not bother with the subs. I don't WANT to ponce about checking my phone for this. And I don't spend the time running up to KO glued to TV screens on the concourse. I want to see who's on the bench at 2.59 when I've arrived at my seat and they have my full attention.

Not hard is it. They're running through the lineups anyway, so just go the whole hog and do another 15-20 seconds telling us who's on the cuffing bench.

Sake.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I take my seat 10 minutes before the game and when the announcer reads out the teams at kick off he has always reads the the subs too. this has now stopped. Subs are not displayed on the two screens. I don't watch the warm ups, and funnily enough can't recognise the subs when there sitting on the benches from upper west.

But thank you all for your kind comments and constructive criticism.

Yes they were - repeatedly during the first 5-10 minutes of the game.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
It IS a load of bollocks that subs aren't announced straight after the starting XI just before kickoff. For all the smug answers about checking a smartphone, or watching TV's on the concourse beforehand, stick it up yer arse. I usually take my seat a few minutes before kickoff, and find it an irritant that they'll run through the team but not bother with the subs. I don't WANT to ponce about checking my phone for this. And I don't spend the time running up to KO glued to TV screens on the concourse. I want to see who's on the bench at 2.59 when I've arrived at my seat and they have my full attention.

Not hard is it. They're running through the lineups anyway, so just go the whole hog and do another 15-20 seconds telling us who's on the cuffing bench.

Sake.

They were displayed repeatedly on the two big screens during the first 5-10 minutes of the game. SAKE indeed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
They were displayed repeatedly on the two big screens during the first 5-10 minutes of the game. SAKE indeed.

I'm watching the bloody GAME by then. Sake.

I want to see our subs walk up to the camera one by one staring at their FEET, before lifting their heads and GRINNING at me, while RR bellows their name out. Not MUCH to ask, is it ?

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yeah, you just paid a hefty wedge to watch a football, why wouldn't you then ignore it and stare at the people stretches by the corner flag or staring at the screen?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here