Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Why the gate?

salazar

Jun 15, 2008
Haywards Heath
Was looking forward to meeting up with friends who sit in the South west before the game.As I'm a West stand lower I went in my usual entrance and walked over to meet up only to find 2 stewards standing in front of a newly erected gate.Asked If I could go through they said that was not allowed but could not offer a reason why.Very strange.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
People buying cheap seats and cheating by moving into free ones in the West? esp annoying as they are up & down when regulars turn up late etc

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Was looking forward to meeting up with friends who sit in the South west before the game.As I'm a West stand lower I went in my usual entrance and walked over to meet up only to find 2 stewards standing in front of a newly erected gate.Asked If I could go through they said that was not allowed but could not offer a reason why.Very strange.

I found the same, went to see my cousin who sits in the disabled seating area, gate was closed and told that following the Millwall game several 'hard core' tried to go through so they could get at em. Gate now required for Secuity measures.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
People buying cheap seats and cheating by moving into free ones in the West? esp annoying as they are up & down when regulars turn up late etc
Oddly though, two strangers turned up near me in WSL and sat in two free seats. Stood out like a very sore thumb as they obviously didn't realise it's a non swearing area and peppered every sentence with swear words. A lot of regulars around them were clearly discomfited by these cuckoos in the WSL nest.

Simgull

Jan 3, 2013
Hove
I came across this too on Saturday, got to say it's really disappointing as we usually meet with our friends in the SW corner for a chat before the game or at half time. The steward explained to us this was due to the problems at the Millwall game as explained above in which case it seems a real shame to punish the majority because of the behaviour of a few. I will certainly write to the stadium manager asking them to reconsider. Fine to close the gate in the event of trouble in the South Stand but it seems unnecessarily draconian to segregate the two areas routinely.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I came across this too on Saturday, got to say it's really disappointing as we usually meet with our friends in the SW corner for a chat before the game or at half time. The steward explained to us this was due to the problems at the Millwall game as explained above in which case it seems a real shame to punish the majority because of the behaviour of a few. I will certainly write to the stadium manager asking them to reconsider. Fine to close the gate in the event of trouble in the South Stand but it seems unnecessarily draconian to segregate the two areas routinely.
Modern football once again treating supporters like criminals & kids, no wonder so many old school fans are shunning the game

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
We were told by the stewards it was because people were changing seats from the north stand to the south stand and vice versa

What a terrible crime, these people committing such an act should get a lifetime ban from the club, how dare people not sit in their allocated seats

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Can't you just walk through the seats rather than the concourse? We do that between North stand and West Lower often.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
What a terrible crime, these people committing such an act should get a lifetime ban from the club, how dare people not sit in their allocated seats

Your getting a bit hysterical aren't you? You buy a ticket, it has a seat number, you sit in that seat, those are the rules, simple really.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Sometimes, it's a combination of little things like this that really piss people of. Would be nice if the likes of [MENTION=29682]Paulbeirne[/MENTION] replied to this sort of thread.

Paul's too busy eating grits covered in maple syrup to read the shit posted on here by a bunch of Internet saddos with no life whatsoever.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
We were told by the stewards it was because people were changing seats from the north stand to the south stand and vice versa

Similar to what happens at most non league matches, fans like to go to the end their team is attacking.

Some people would say the standard of football we have seen a times this season is similar to non league :whistle:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
This is pissing off an awful lot of people and is stupidly uneconomic.

Today, through the gate to the South I could see all three kiosk people head in hands, bored, waiting for anyone to serve to. I turn round to the West and queues are 9 deep and taking 20 odd minutes to serve. this is all because some people switch? Why ruin peoples enjoyment for the sake of a few? They could serve about 100 or so more beers and pies, save the wages of two gate stewards and not piss off a lot of people. Ridiculous idea.

I think this is the first thing I've moaned about since the first day of the Amex.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
This is pissing off an awful lot of people and is stupidly uneconomic.

Today, through the gate to the South I could see all three kiosk people head in hands, bored, waiting for anyone to serve to. I turn round to the West and queues are 9 deep and taking 20 odd minutes to serve. this is all because some people switch? Why ruin peoples enjoyment for the sake of a few? They could serve about 100 or so more beers and pies, save the wages of two gate stewards and not piss off a lot of people. Ridiculous idea.

I think this is the first thing I've moaned about since the first day of the Amex.

err Gullys girls?:blush:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here