Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bridcutt oh dear.

beakyburn

Aug 15, 2012
Having been voted the worst player ever to wear the red and white stripes this from todays Sunday Mirror.
When Liam Bridcutt went down for treatment Poyet tried to galvanise his troops. The bad news for the home side
was that the hopelessly out of his depth Bridcutt was fit to play on. Was a hero here until near the end got his big move
Scotland caps etc. Does not always work out for the best does it.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Assuming Gus does leave Sunderland at the end of the season (like many expect him too), can easily see Bridcutt being one of the first players the new manager tries to push out the door, Buckley prob won't be too long behind. Hasn't really worked out for either, has it?

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Strange. Never thought for a second he wouldn't be Premier League standard.

Maybe in hindsight, his desperation to get there made him leap at the first offer he had. Sunderland haven't been much cop for ages- perhaps if he'd shown patience & bided his time, a more suitable club for his undoubted talents would have come along.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Gus will just take him to Real Madrid with him won't he?!

I am genuinely sorry it's not worked out for him in the premier league though, he is one of my all time favourite Albion players. Crucial for us in his time here and we still miss him.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Perhaps Gus still liked us after all? I cannot see anyone paying the sort of money now that he paid for them and clubs were not exactly queueing up to buy either when they were here. Oh well.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Who would have guessed that the most successful player in the prem from our side 2 years ago would be Barnes when you consider we had Tk, Upson, Buckley, Bridcutt, Ulloa, Bridge and Vicente.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I don't blame him for taking the opportunity to play in the Prem, who wouldn't have in his situation. He has had a massive boost to his salary and, if it doesn't work out is likely to get a big pay-off before dropping back into the championship to resurrect his career. I am however glad he is contributing to the demise of Sunderland!

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Who would have guessed that the most successful player in the prem from our side 2 years ago would be Barnes when you consider we had Tk, Upson, Buckley, Bridcutt, Ulloa, Bridge and Vicente.

Like someone has already mentioned Bridcutt made the right move to the wrong team whereas Barnes made the right move to the right club which favours his type of physical play.

Got to say that I'm really rooting for Burnley this season. Proper team, real fans.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Like someone has already mentioned Bridcutt made the right move to the wrong team whereas Barnes made the right move to the right club which favours his type of physical play.

Got to say that I'm really rooting for Burnley this season. Proper team, real fans.

Same. Was cheering them on to victory yesterday against megabucks city. Would love to see them stay up.

del strangefish

Nov 1, 2008
Back of North Stand
Just watched the highlights on MOTD.
He seemed to be in a world of his own, strolling around, not marking or challenging anyone and watching the goals roll in.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
I never got the bridcutt hype.....always thought what he did he did very, very well but it just wasn't condusive to winning football matches. He's been found out.
As for Barnes - he's an unusual player and in a funny kind of way I'm not surprised he's doing well. He just had something about him despite being only moderately talented.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Watching MotDExtra. Interesting comment about Poyet along the lines of "he did a lot of manoeuvring to get a PL manager's job and he won't give it up willingly"

Kind of summed him up I thought.

Sunderland fan on the radio commented "if Bridcutt played any deeper he'd be in the stand"

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not good enough at the top level, it really is that simple.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Watching match of the day Bridcutt looked a shadow of the player he was when he was here, he was all over the place and seemed to pull out of tackles. Very strange.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I always thought he was a championship player at best.
Well overrated by some on here.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here