Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

If Gus got the sack, would you have him back?

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I was wondering this yesterday and asked myself. If Gus got the sack from Sunderland and came to Tony a humbled and changed man and asked for a second chance, would you have him back after his previous tenure?

I think if Tony was willing to have him I'd take him back in a heart beat. The pain and bitterness from his first time in charge has worn off for me.

Likewise if OG was to come back with a strong assistant I'd take him in a heartbeat also.

Nothing against CH in the slightest, but I also don't think he'll be the man to take us up. He'll give us a few seasons of mid table mediocrity IMO.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Shit on the club once, you don't get a chance to rectify it.

jimbob5

Banned
Sep 18, 2014
I was wondering this yesterday and asked myself. If Gus got the sack from Sunderland and came to Tony a humbled and changed man and asked for a second chance, would you have him back after his previous tenure?

I think if Tony was willing to have him I'd take him back in a heart beat. The pain and bitterness from his first time in charge has worn off for me.

Likewise if OG was to come back with a strong assistant I'd take him in a heartbeat also.

Nothing against CH in the slightest, but I also don't think he'll be the man to take us up. He'll give us a few seasons of mid table mediocrity IMO.
Provocative question but apart from the fact it won't happen it would be a disgraceful snub to CH and probably it would backfire horrendously.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Absolutely not. He had his time, did bloody well and then decided to become a prat. End of.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

so you dont rate Hughton who has taken a club up but you'd rather have Poyet who hasnt, pulling up at the final hurdle. give is a rest, Poyet isnt the messiah and he wouldnt do any better than last time.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
He's shown at Sunderland that he struggles working under a tight budget so I don't think he'd be a success here with our current financial situation.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patreon
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
You kidding?
The man is a cretin and disrespected the club and chairman...only a deluded gulliable naive jcl would say yes

I'm anything but a JCL and I would have him back if we had the vacancy.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Nope. He bottled the palace game with his selection. We are paying the price of that even today.

Plus I have absolute faith in CH.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Er...that's a no from me. Never got over the timing of his rant in the play offs, and then that photo of ex Brighton players and staff which was only ever intended as a massive two fingers to us, their former club. Let them hang.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
No, absolutely not. Poyets reign was in the past and should always stay there. We have a very capable manager in Hughton, why would anyone (at the moment) want to change? Especially when Poyet is such an egomaniac.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Nope, even though he'd probably come back a bit wiser and humbler. I think he'll probably go to somewhere like Leeds and do very well. He is a quality manager imo..

Wouldn't work here again, he would get serious shit every time we were struggling

I am very much still on the fence re CH though.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
Nope, even though he'd probably come back a bit wiser and humbler. I think he'll probably go to somewhere like Leeds and do very well. He is a quality manager imo..

Wouldn't work here again, he would get serious shit every time we were struggling

I am very much still on the fence re CH though.

Originally a Timmy Sherbett man, but I have warmed to CH a hell of a lot. I'm convinced his brief is just to nurse us to championship survival and then a massive rebuild in the summer with his chosen players and Blooms financial backing. So confident of this I will put £50 on us going up automatically next season and after 35 years following the Albion I have never ever bet on them once. Blooms money + Hughton's now how = promotion.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
He was the right man at the right time for a club in the right place at the right thingy, know what I mean? He will go down as a top man for us in that era, no doubting that. But no, his time was then. We must move on. As for CH, for some reason when I see him on TV he just doesn't fit the profile of an Albion boss. Top man and hope he stays a while but at the moment I feel he is just passing through. Maybe next season I will feel different.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here