Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

This scoring and then quickly conceding thing...

Davey Boy Smith

Jul 5, 2003
In 11 league games this season we've conceded within 10 minutes of scoring. Losing us 17 points which if we had kept would put us in 9th place 4 points outside the playoffs. I have no idea how this compares to the statistical norm but it feels poor.

Why are we so susceptible to this?

Brighton Vs Charlton Dunk equalises on 67 concede on 75 (draw to draw finished 2-2)

Brighton Vs Cardiff Bruno scores on 20 Jones equalises on 21 (win to draw finished 1-1)

Brighton Vs Rotherham Bennett scores on 45 minute just before HT we then concede on 48 (win to draw Finished 1-1)

Brighton Vs Blackburn Gardner scores on 42 and Gestede equalises on 51 (win to draw finished 1-1)

Norwich Vs Brighton Bruno scores in 33rd minute conceded on 38. Then Colunga scored pen in 77 for us to concede on 85 (win to draw finished 3-3)

Brighton Vs Fulham Bent scored on 52 and then concede on 62 by Rodallega (win to loss finished 1-2)

Brighton Vs Ipswich Baldock scored in 18th minute we then concede in 22nd (win to win finished 3-2)

Brighton Vs Forest Dunk scores in 42nd min for us to concede in 44th min (win to loss finished 2-3)

Brighton Vs Birmingham Teixeira scores in 8th minute concede on 13th. Calderon then scores on 85 then concede on 90. (win to win finished 4-3)

Reading Vs Brighton O'Grady equalises in 53rd minute we then concede on 56. (draw to loss finished 2-1)

Brighton Vs Wolves Bruno puts us ahead in 70th minute for us to concede in 74th. (win to draw finished 1-1)

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
We probably 'switch off' too much after a goal, thinking that we can hold onto a 1 goal lead instead of going for more goals, though if you ask Barber he will blame FFP.

Barber OUT!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I'm going to guess that something will be done to address this. The next goal we score will probably be followed by 5 minutes of cynical time wasting and injury play acting - anything to break play up.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I wouldn't be surprised if the team are so freaked by that stat once they score, it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

After we've scored the best thing Greer could do to relieve the pressure would be to boot the ball straight past Stockdale.
Everyone will then be able to relax, and get on with the game.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I wouldn't be surprised if the team are so freaked by that stat once they score, it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

After we've scored the best thing Greer could do to relieve the pressure would be to boot the ball straight past Stockdale.
Everyone will then be able to relax, and get on with the game.

No "booting" required. A gentle back pass aimed to intersect the byline where it meets the 6 yard line should be enough to see Stockers palm it in for a goal.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
It baffles me. The lack of discipline is horrendous, it's a well worn cliche because it's true. You're at most risk right after you score. They need to do SOMETHING about it or it's going to become as big of a deal as the whole never winning when behind debacle.

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
It's because we sit back so deep immediately after scoring rather than trying to push forward and score again or at least take some pressure off our defence. Also, our back 5 seem to go into panic mode causing them to make a lot of mistakes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here