Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Will Hughton give young players a chance ?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
It seems to me Hughton is slowly but surely removing all the young players from our side....

I can see the theory in playing experienced players in times of trouble, but I do fear it could halt the development of our young very good players.

Thoughts ?

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
It seems to me Hughton is slowly but surely removing all the young players from our side....

I can see the theory in playing experienced players in times of trouble, but I do fear it could halt the development of our young very good players.

Thoughts ?
i feel he will once we are safe

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Monakana out to Mansfield, Ledesma in from Mboro...as Ledesma get's little game time what was the point.
Monakana should have been given the place on the bench.
So its a no from me...to cautious a manager.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Thoughts ?
He played a couple of the youngsters on Tuesday and it didn't really work, as others have said, use the experience to see us safe and take it from there.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

Thoughts ?

Who do you mean? Ince andJFC? both played tuesday and both were dire, Solly is injured, Fenellon not up to it, Rea, too many better players in front of him. Can't think of anymore even close

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
What I am saying is for one reason or another the young players are being removed from the side.

Do you think Hughton will play them in the future ?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Despite quite a few years of our development squad, where are the players close to a 1st team start?

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Monakana out to Mansfield, Ledesma in from Mboro...as Ledesma get's little game time what was the point.

Monokana had never even made the bench under the previous two managers, I would hardly put his particular case down to any 'cautiousness' on the part of Hughton.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Maybe Monakana just isn't very good? I guess there must be some sort of reason that he's never made the 1st team squad in 18 months, despite injuries to KLL and Solly in that time.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
He clearly knows the strengths and weaknesses of the squad and the opposition and rotates and changes accordingly. O'Grady was MOTM by all accounts on Tuesday yet benched today and to a certain extent it worked. CMS's runs tormented them at times, he made space for others and got chances himself. Shame he didn't take them.

Hughton picks the side around the best qualities needed to nullify and subsequently beat the opposition. Youth (and even your performance in the last match) has nothing to do with it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure that if he thinks they are good enough he will give them a chance. I think that by a player being played1 week then not in the squad for the next game he is working out who he wants for next season.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Despite quite a few years of our development squad, where are the players close to a 1st team start?

I was castigated on here for suggesting that the only reason we have such an academy as we have and the amount of young teams is for developing and selling on players to fund the first team! I cannot see the sort of managers that we tend to attract being interested in our youngsters when we are looking at bringing in journeymen like Hughes for example rather than take a punt on a youngster

Acker79

NSC Patreon
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What young players are being removed from the team?

Dunk is still in it (well, suspended for two now)
Ince has played more under Hughton than he did under Hyypia, been given a rest after looking a bit tired.
March got injured
JFC - Has dropped out of favour (but was often down the list under previous managers, though Hyypia and Oscar didn't often have available those ahead of him).

The other kids were never really part of the team (as of yet).

So other than JFC, who has been removed (not rested for a game or two, but actually removed)?

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
If Will Hughton is good enough, then he should be given a chance.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
What young players are being removed from the team?

Dunk is still in it (well, suspended for two now)
Ince has played more under Hughton than he did under Hyypia, been given a rest after looking a bit tired.
March got injured
JFC - Has dropped out of favour (but was often down the list under previous managers, though Hyypia and Oscar didn't often have available those ahead of him).

The other kids were never really part of the team (as of yet).

So other than JFC, who has been removed (not rested for a game or two, but actually removed)?
Exactly. Come to think of it, when did we last have what could be described as a young team?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here