Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Astro Turf

Feb 11, 2007
Brighton
How much must that new AstroTurf round the edge of the pitch cost? The stadium is less than four years old!

Cappers

Deano's right one
Jun 3, 2010
Hove
`its not going to be called 'The Amex' for the rugby, rather 'Falmer' so I believe

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Its only temporary to cover the Amex logo, probably offcuts from the academy - doubt it cost much and anyway we are getting rent for the use of the stadium

It was being laid when I did the stadium tour a couple of weeks ago. The guide said it was nothing to do with the RWC, the squad (or someone) didn't like the astro that was there before (there was apparently something wrong with it) so they got it replaced.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
It was being laid when I did the stadium tour a couple of weeks ago. The guide said it was nothing to do with the RWC, the squad (or someone) didn't like the astro that was there before (there was apparently something wrong with it) so they got it replaced.

According to today's Argus the AstroTurf has been replaced with a more shock absorbent one to comply with world rugby regulations.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
The old astro was really dodgy anyway as it was slightly lower than the level of the pitch and could've cause a ball on the touchline to go out of play.
Pretty sure the aactual pitch should be a ball's width wider.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here