Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cash Only

Feb 11, 2007
Brighton
Five of the seven till positions at one of the food outlets in the WSU today were marked "Cash Only". Had I been the Operations Manager for the UK Division of American Express in a stadium sponsored by my employers, I would have been less than impressed.
It is beyond me why the club do not offer a discount for Amex users. If they did, a massive increase in card users would result.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Amex cards are pretty useless a lot of the time but you'd think 'The Amex' would accept them everywhere really. Also 'cash' includes Ecash, which confuses a few. I was more concerned that the first kiosk I tried had no pulled pork burgers (sold out at 2.15) and no Sussex pasties, the second had Sussex pasties but 'not for 10 mins'.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sorry to go off topic (but this seems to be the best thread to mention it) a group of us* were discussing in the WSU today how much to top our cards for the rest of the season.

* strangely enough there is still one guy who has never sussed out how to put money on his card!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Went to use my card before end of season and found out pie and a pint is finished today west lower had stew and a roll not what I wanted before going home and having dinner. Slightly OT had a pint of Harveys today and it was the best I have had since I sold it unfortunately it was in The Dorset Arms Lewes not The Amex.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Good to know that e-cash is being phased out, yet the club still allowed their systems to auto-top-up my card by £50 today.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Went in the away end after game to meet a couple of Wolves mates and did not realise all food was half-price, it that the same in the home ends as well post-match ?

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Went in the away end after game to meet a couple of Wolves mates and did not realise all food was half-price, it that the same in the home ends as well post-match ?

Not in my experience.

Problem is everyone would be waiting until afterwards for half price food.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here