Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

was dunk lucky to escape a red card.

jay d

jay d n coke
Nov 16, 2014
brighton
Imo yes. I had a very good view of the incident early on , when he miscontrolled the ball.
he dilibretly fell onto the wolves stricker, then with both hands touched the ball.
He definitely interfered with play when the stricker was clean through on goal.
exactly the same situation with the red card he got away to palace a couple of seasons ago. Very lucky boy.

Brighton TID

Jul 24, 2005
Horsham
Imo yes. I had a very good view of the incident early on , when he miscontrolled the ball.
he dilibretly fell onto the wolves stricker, then with both hands touched the ball.
exactly the same situation with the red card he got away to palace a couple of seasons ago. Very lucky boy.

Yep, stopped a clear goalscoring opportunity with his hand

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Even though the ref never blew up and used the advantage rule it should have been red.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I said on the other thread if the ref had given the free kick he would have been off. The ref played the advantage so Dunk didn't stop a goal scoring opportunity, but for the heroics of Stockdale then Greer it would have been a goal.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I think I agree with Gazwag, he definitely handled it and was trying to stop a goal scoring opportunity but he didn't actually stop it. In fact they really should have scored. Should have got a yellow though. We were very lucky to finish with 2 centre backs!

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Hilarious two handed dive onto the ball. Maybe he noticed the Rugby ads and panicked. He was very lucky in my opinion

Earlybird

Jul 23, 2003
Brighton
were loose.

Got to see it again as I still don't know why he slipped/stumbled in the first place.

Love Dunky but if this is as good as he gets, we're going to need another couple of CB's next season if we're serious about promo.
Lucky boy & about the only call the ref was right on..

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
We need to buy a couple of strickers:moo:

Sergio Garcia

Jul 30, 2011
Don't think that ref can play advantage and then issue red card.....it was handball and the striker would have been clear on goal. Lucky ....very lucky.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
The law states that a player should be sent off he if denied an obvious goal scoring opportunity. He didn't though as they went forward and had a clear shot at goal. They were not hindered in any way by the handball. If he had held it then yes without a doubt but as they went away with the ball the offence can only be a caution and a C1 caution at that.

Last edited:

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
Of course not as he didn't stop a goal scoring opportunity as Afobe still had a clear one on one and Sako had a good chance from the rebound that was cleared off the line. It was yet another bad mistake by Dunk though. His defending has been very poor recently.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Of course not as he didn't stop a goal scoring opportunity as Afobe still had a clear one on one and Sako had a good chance from the rebound that was cleared off the line. It was yet another bad mistake by Dunk though. His defending has been very poor recently.

I don't know...I think that the goal scoring opportunity would have been more clear if Dunk hadn't slowed it down - so even though they still had the opportunity to score, Dunk denied them a clearer goal scoring opportunity.

I would not have been outraged if he'd been given a red.

Dunk and Greer were there for the taking yesterday. Thankfully Wolves weren't good enough to exploit this fact.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Yes he was, but my biggest issue is that it was the wet pitch that caused him to slip. So what did we do? We put some more water on it at half time!

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I don't know...I think that the goal scoring opportunity would have been more clear if Dunk hadn't slowed it down - so even though they still had the opportunity to score, Dunk denied them a clearer goal scoring opportunity.

I would not have been outraged if he'd been given a red.

Dunk and Greer were there for the taking yesterday. Thankfully Wolves weren't good enough to exploit this fact.
Stockdale saved 3 certain goals...I don't have to finish that, do I?

Dunk should have gone, if only for the blatantness (that is a word) of the offence.
Watching on TV, a case could be made that his arm outstretched was in the act of falling.
From the East stand and nearer it was a blatant attempt to grab the ball, he should have seen red.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here