Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** PLAYER RATINGS vs WOLVES ***

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Stockdale - 6 - three world class saves, but sadly as a GK it's often the mistakes you make that are highlighted.
Bruno - 9 - MoM by a mile for me.
Bennett - 6 - getting better defensively.
Dunk - 5.5 - Stinker
Greer - 6 - marginally better than Dunk
Holla - 6 - started very poorly but got better.
Kayal - 7 - fantastic performance
Stephens - 7- glad he's back
Texeirra - 7 - good first half, ok second, but his decision not too pass early in the second half was really poor.
Calderon - 6 - usual great effort
CMS - 4 - wasted two presentable opportunities, limited control. Unlucky with the goal.

KLL - 6 - didn't do much
O'Grady - 6 - see KLL
Ledesma - no rating, but his touch and overall ability looks limited in the glimpses I've seen.

Felt we missed Baldock today and perhaps Ince in a way against a big Wolves side.

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
Stockdale. The goal made him look worse than he was. Overall he saved us. 7
Bennett. I like Bennett - just goes about his business. worked very well with Stephens 6
Bruno. Goal, always in the right position, lovely little flicks. MoM for me 8
Dunk. Stockdale seems to have lost confidence in him. His weakness has been found - just run at him and he will stand off. Needs some good coaching - long way short of the PL standard he seemed to be near under Sami. A poor match. 4
Greer. Some poor clearances but a good game overall 6
Stephens. Great movement, excellent with Bennett. Good to have him back 7
Kayal. Has become our midfield maestro. Determined, aggressive, skilled. 8
Holla. quietly went about his business - not a flashy player but a reliable one 6
Calderon. Tried hard but looked tired. 5
Tex. much stronger nowadays but seemed scared to shoot. Did well but lacked confidence today 7
CMS. Still running. Costs us possession every time he gets the ball. Useless in front of goal. Get rid. COG is so much better 3

In all a rather messy game between two poor teams. We looked good in patches - Wolves are just big and physically strong.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patreon
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Stockdale - 6 Good but should never be beaten from that angle.
Bruno -7 OK Very lucky God allowed him some of his glory, better in defence ABOUT BLOODY TIME
Bennett - 5 Had a reasonably comfortable day but didn't offer much going forwards
Dunk - 4 Very lucky to last the game
Greer - 4 County league beckons
Holla - 6 - OK
Kayal - 7 - Good should be captain next season MOM
Stephens - 6- Steady
Texeirra - 7 - Lacks conviction with the final effort/ball
GOD - 6 - OK
CMS - 3- Poor, no very poor, actually sh!t

KLL - 4 gave the ball away everytime
O'Grady - 5

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/83...ip-2014-2015-Brighton-Wolverhampton-Wanderers

About right Kayal given the edge over Bruno as MOM.

Discussion whether Kayal was a better bet than Bridcutt. Jury is out. Not much in it. I prefer Kayal.

CH 6 (team selection) 6 (substitutions too late)

I don't Bruno has been playing so well lately, but even then he was intelligent with his positioning. and I am confident with his decision making.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Stockdale 7 based on the fact he made 3 good saves to save us.
Bruno 8 Much maligned but good all round performance
Greer 6 Feeling the pace
Dunk 5 What has happened to him should have got a red card.
Bennett 7 Solid
Holla 6 Some good passes some awful
Kayal 9 Good performance natural leader will be captain and a star next season. MOM by a mile
Stephen 6 Poor first half out of position better in the 2nd. Will be part of a formidable midfield next season.
Calderon 5 Offered nothing defensively or attacking, We need a right midfield wide man.
Tieiera 8 Good build up play but needs to learn when to releae the ball to a better placed teamate.
CMS 7 He did as he always does and why he is in the team.
Subs
COG 5 Not involved enough
Lua Lua 5 as for COG
Ledesma 4 Why was he signed? Offered nothing in the short time he was on the field.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Stockdale - 6 - one costly blemish
Bruno - 6 - Good goal, some lovely touches but wolves just waltzed past him time and time again
Bennett - 6 - not one of his better performances
Dunk - 5 - woeful
Greer - 6.5 - our best defender today
Holla - 6 - average
Kayal - 7.5 - MOTM. I can't get enough of seeing this guy play
Stephens - 6 - some good moments, some dreadful touches
Texeirra - 7 - let down by some poor decision making
Calderon - 5 - largely anonymous
CMS - 6 - wasted two/three good chances BUT, unselfish, made space for others, had the ball in the back of the net and played his part in the goal

KLL - 6 - some good moments, some wasteful
O'Grady - 6 -
Ledesma - 5 - nah

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
David Stockdale 7 Caught out by the goal perhaps (awaiting to see it again), but it doesn't change his overall performance or mark.
Bruno 8 Gave the ball away a few times but a few lovely touches and a solid hit for the goal. Ironic he scored against Kuszczak.
Gordon Greer 5 Reluctantly accepting the end is near for GG, clearly in decline now.
Lewis Dunk 6 One slip nearly cost us a goal, but generally he was good and strong.
Joe Bennett 6 Not as effective as usual, but defensively solid.
Beram Kayal 8 Looks like a quality player who would be comfortable at a higher level. Very good signing.
Danny Holla 6 Still looking a shadow of the player he was at the start of the season. Some lovely passes but some poor set pieces.
Dale Stephens 6 Woefully out of position which weakened the team but when involved in the centre he was quality.
Jaoa Teixeira 5 One of his worst games for us, comfortably. Didn't make things happen at all.
Craig Mackail-Smith 6 Woeful finishing, but plenty of endeavour and workrate. I would play him on the left of the three with COG or Best centrally.

Subs
Lualua 3 Crap.
Ledesma 2 Worse.
O'Grady 4 Rubbish.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Stockdale -8- Think his saves made up for his mistake
Bruno -8- some lovely touches, always got in good positions
Greer -5- lucky to still be on the pitch. Clumsy!
Dunk -5- mistake almost cost us lacked composure
Bennett -5- didn't do much at all. Rarely offered himself as an option for the ball
Holla -4- his passing was atrocious today
Kayal -8- MOTM, fought for the ball and wanted it. Showed passion
Calde -7- looked most composed in and around the area.
Tex -6- not his best game today. Struggled to get involved
Stephens -5- ineffectual on the left wing. What a stupid place to play him!
CMS -5- couple of decent chances. Thought he got his break on the disallowed goal

Kaz -4- managed to make a hash of a free kick late on
COG -5- not on long enough to affect game
Ledesma -5- only effort of note , he skied into row z

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Stockdale 5
Bruno 7.5 MOTM
Greer 6
Dunk 6
Bennett 6
Holla 6
Texeira 6.5
Kayal 7
Stephens 6
Calderon 6
CMS 4

O'Grady 6
Lua Lua 6

Happy to stand corrected on Stockdale if my interpretation of their goal was wrong.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Sorry but CMS is useless missed several not even on target...Runs about like headless chicken....Lua Lua/Cog if they had been on earlier we might have won..

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bennett - 6 - getting better defensively.
Dunk - 5.5 - Stinker

whilst I agree with your comments on Dunk, if Bennett is getting better defensively (half a point above Dunk today) what on earth did you score Benno in the past?

Kevlar

Dec 20, 2013
decent point too cautious for home team
Stevens on the left did not work for me
stockdale 7
Bruno 8
Greer 6
dunk 7
Bennett 6
calde 6
holla 6
Kayla 7
Stevens 5
tex 6
CMS 4

cog 6
Lua Lua 6

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Stockdale match will be remembered for his mistake but mad some crucial saves - 6
Bruno Looked better than of late - 7
Greer Always feel there is a mistake awaiting but done Ok today - 6
Dunk Looked liked he punched the ball on the ground when he slipped lucky it was not seen - 6
Bennett Just seems more assured these days - 7
Holla We needed at least of our midfielders to push forward to support tex and CMS sadly they all seemed to hold back - 5
Texeira One good mazy run but seems to lose his way, 1 good game in 5 just not consistent enough - 6
Kayal Best of the midfield and my MOM - 8
Stephens Another who should get forward when we are only playing 1 upfront - 6
Calderon Not at his best today - 6
CMS CH please learn from today CMS cannot play when high balls are pumped up to him plus missed two absolute sitters - 3

O'Grady Showed what a front player should do and hold up the ball - 7
Lua Lua Still not back to his best after injury - 5

Think the substitutions should have happened earlier

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Stockdale 8

Bruno 7
Dunk 6
Greer 5
Bennett 7

Kayal 9
Stephens 8
Holla 5
Tex 6
Calderon 6

CMS 5

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
whilst I agree with your comments on Dunk, if Bennett is getting better defensively (half a point above Dunk today) what on earth did you score Benno in the past?

Low because he is a poor defender. For me he is a left sided midfielder. If I ever get the time (which inevitably I won't), I would like to review the goals we've conceded, as I wouldn't mind betting Bennett has been as culpable for just as many as Stockdale.

I'll start off the top of my head with Brentford away first, Charlton home their second, Norwich away their first.

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Stockdale 6 One bad mistake but to be honest would not have got a point but for his three good saves
Bruno 8 almost back to the old Bruno. All his flicks came off and a good goal MOTM
Greer 5 Must be due a rest. Still plays the ball backwards or sideways
Dunk 5 Seems to really be struggling with confidence, possibly because he is playing alongside Greer
Bennett 6 As much at fault for the goal as Stockdale by not tracking their player and enabling him the room for cross shot
Holla 6 Slow start but got better
Texeira 6.5 Some good some bad. needs to pass when we are in good positions
Kayal 8 Another good game. Best player we have and a real bargain. Captain next season please.
Stephens 6 Getting back to full fitness. Will benefit from matches and will be a regular next season alongside Kayal
Calderon 5 Did not get into the game and looked frustrated in himself at times
CMS 3 Two poor misses and not as much energy as usual. Real problems up front and needs addressing big time for next season.

O'Grady 5 Difficult to get into the game with the amount of time he had
Lua Lua 6 Looked lively

Hughton 5 You get the feeling that he is tinkering too much. Played too defensively at home.The game was there to be won.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Stockdale 7 I read on Twitter that the replay shows their goal was hit so fiercely he found it hard to hold. 3 great saves
Bruno 8 my MOM
Greer 6 gets an extra point for the goal line clearance
Dunk 5
Bennett 5
Holla 6
Teixeira 7
Kayal 8
Calderon 6
Stephens 7
CMS 6

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Low because he is a poor defender. For me he is a left sided midfielder. If I ever get the time (which inevitably I won't), I would like to review the goals we've conceded, as I wouldn't mind betting Bennett has been as culpable for just as many as Stockdale.

I'll start off the top of my head with Brentford away first, Charlton home their second, Norwich away their first.

Fair enough, you may well have a point about JB better in midfield (still think you markings are a little harsh on him)

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here