Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Yet more NHS failure

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
With all the brouhaha over Clarkson and the BBC how many noticed the Conservatives sneaking through another "thank you" deal for their buddies by privatising another chunk of the NHS ? 11 companies will be paid £780M to take on work formerly done by the NHS.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
With all the brouhaha over Clarkson and the BBC how many noticed the Conservatives sneaking through another "thank you" deal for their buddies by privatising another chunk of the NHS ? 11 companies will be paid £780M to take on work formerly done by the NHS.

To put a bit more balance on this, Labour were the ones who started the back door privatisation, the Tories have just continued it.

Personally, I have no objection provided the quality and outcomes in terms of care are improved, and the individuals undertaking surgery/treatment are subject to peer review and submit their data to national audits.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
To put a bit more balance on this, Labour were the ones who started the back door privatisation, the Tories have just continued it.

Personally, I have no objection provided the quality and outcomes in terms of care are improved, and the individuals undertaking surgery/treatment are subject to peer review and submit their data to national audits.

The difference this time around is these 11 companies are only in it for the money , care and compassion will be well down the list.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
The difference this time around is these 11 companies are only in it for the money , care and compassion will be well down the list.

And you don't think the ones were before?

Of course they were, there were plenty examples of diagnostic tests (particularly) being farmed out to other companies for profit. Businesses would not take the work just to break even.

As per my original post, before any treatment surgical outcomes, mortality, readmission and complication rates should be discussed.

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I find it disappointing that Mr Farridge chooses to criticise the NHS as a whole rather than the individuals who he perceives gave him poor treatment. From my perspective, the great majority of NHS staff are hugely committed to their jobs and their patients. I do find it upsetting - personally I have much more time for clinical staff in general than politicians.

As far as cancer care in the NHS goes, it has clearly and measurably improved greatly since he was in his early twenties. There are great challenges though in respect of cost of drugs and treatments. Also for some cancers our success rates are not as good as some other countries. I'm guessing that diet and other lifestyle choices are also a factor here.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
wishing someone dead because you don't believe with his politics from someone who doesn't even live in the UK :wanker:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
wishing someone dead because you don't believe with his politics from someone who doesn't even live in the UK :wanker:

Oh come on, lighten up.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Sadly I agree NHS if you are really bad A1..if you have slight problem...useless..2 months to see consultant..another two for scan..another two for consultant referall..another two if lucky for op.....But what do we want ....Spend another billion or leave as is.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
OK Diablo (to back you up to a large extent),

Most scenarios are covered by 18 week (approx. 4 month) wait meaning patients should commence treatment within that time. Other more stringent targets come into play for urgent conditions such as cancer. This target clearly improved the patient experience from what happened previously. Undeniably, quicker treatment is a good reason to go private

Last edited:

Yoda

English & European
I find it disappointing that Mr Farridge chooses to criticise the NHS as a whole rather than the individuals who he perceives gave him poor treatment. From my perspective, the great majority of NHS staff are hugely committed to their jobs and their patients. I do find it upsetting - personally I have much more time for clinical staff in general than politicians.

As far as cancer care in the NHS goes, it has clearly and measurably improved greatly since he was in his early twenties. There are great challenges though in respect of cost of drugs and treatments. Also for some cancers our success rates are not as good as some other countries. I'm guessing that diet and other lifestyle choices are also a factor here.

I find it rather odd too. Little was known about testicular cancer 30 years ago, It was only first diagnosed in the early 70's. Back then you only had 15-20% survival rate anyway, compared to 95% now.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Farage says he was "fobbed off" by NHS doctors? Well, some people would pay a lot of money for that kind of service.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
The man is a joke. I don't wish cancer upon him but I do wish total obscurity.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton

And yet again, the incorrect use of the word privatisation. Slag off the policies by all means but will people bloody well learn to use the correct words please :censored::tantrum::rant:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here