Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tale of two Goalies

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I see it as two goalkeeping errors today....whose was the worst....probably Stockdale who pushed cross into net..However Kuszczak was poor to let in Bruno`s shot...Good save at end though by Stockdale.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Stockdale made at least two good saves today, he played his part in that result which was fair overall. As usual, our chances are pathetically fluffed into the stands.

Goalkeepers are only ever remembered for their mistakes. Stockdale is making life very hard for Hughton right now to keep faith with him. Two bad errors in sucessive games. TK who cares he's history

Juror#13

Banned
Jan 14, 2015
Stockdale is shocking and has been a liability all season. People on here are defending the indefensible and are bloody clueless. Stockdale in the side then forget the play offs any time soon. I want Coco the clown in goal for Tuesday.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
Stockdale has dropped some clangers but the goal today wasn't one of them imo.
The golden rule of protecting your near post goes out the window when a sliced cross ends up where it did. A VERY luck goal, full stop.
On balance he got us a point rather than cost us two

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
From where I set it looked a terrible error, though i' ll have a look at the replay until I make a decision on the goal

Stockdale has dropped some clangers but the goal today wasn't one of them imo.
The golden rule of protecting your near post goes out the window when a sliced cross ends up where it did. A VERY luck goal, full stop.
On balance he got us a point rather than cost us two

Nah - a sliced or intended shot is always a possibility and goalkeepers have to be alert to that

A keeper may be alert to it and yet be able to do absolutely nothing about it.
I'll say it again. He got us a point today.

Hughton said it was an error, we're entitled to our opinions but his is the only one that really matters

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
It was unfortunate but I can see why it happened. He was moving to try and catch/punch the cross and understandably so - the winger had certainly shaped to, and had every intention to, cross the ball. Unfortunately for us, he completely sliced it and in doing so pinged it into the near post.

If Stockdale had been standing against the post to block the sliced cross then he'd have been leaving the rest of the goal open for, as had been the aim of the winger, a cross to be headed or tapped in.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Just because Cms was offside doesn't wipe out very poor save to push the ball straight to have. And there was the final drop in the first half which could have been a trap in.

Kuscrap in our goal today would have resulted in a 3-0 defeat

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here