Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***The Official Match Thread: England vs Scotland***

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
Good luck to the boys today, a win and we get the bragging rights, always our biggest game in the Six Nations

Dec 15, 2014
Here
wooden-match-stick-21853766.jpg

Is it a big match or not?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
As I said after the England victory in Wales, although [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] said the Welsh stood no chance, a three horse race at the end of the Championship was a strong possibility.

I'd say Ireland are slight favourites, although their kicking game may not produce the points bonanza at Murrayfield they would hope for. England are more than capable of putting the French out to grass, but by a margin ? I'm not so sure.

Wales are far from out of this. A confident start in Rome, and their superior physicality later on, could produce a performance that is enough to bring about a huge victory.

Anyway, I've saved a few quid here. The pondering over a trip to Blackburn next week has been resolved by the appeal of a glass of Bailey's, the settee, with a few hours of top Rugby. Bad fan, happy bank balance,

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
As I said after the England victory in Wales, although [MENTION=451]BensGrandad[/MENTION] said the Welsh stood no chance, a three horse race at the end of the Championship was a strong possibility.

I'd say Ireland are slight favourites, although their kicking game may not produce the points bonanza at Murrayfield they would hope for. England are more than capable of putting the French out to grass, but by a margin ? I'm not so sure.

Wales are far from out of this. A confident start in Rome, and their superior physicality later on, could produce a performance that is enough to bring about a huge victory.

Anyway, I've saved a few quid here. The pondering over a trip to Blackburn next week has been resolved by the appeal of a glass of Bailey's, the settee, with a few hours of top Rugby. Bad fan, happy bank balance,

I think Wales outscoring Ireland and England next weekend is a very remote possibility. Italy are no longer the whipping boys they once were, especially at home.

A bigger possibility for me is that Scotland and France have one of their rare good performances and win. Mind you the chances of them both producing that are small.

Sexton looks injured to me and if he doesn't play, Ireland would be vulnerable at Murrayfield.

I said after the England game that Wales would improve throughout the tournament as this is the Gatland way. How is he going to manage the World Cup with Wales having to produce excellence early to go through the Group stage ?

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I think Wales outscoring Ireland and England next weekend is a very remote possibility. Italy are no longer the whipping boys they once were, especially at home.

A bigger possibility for me is that Scotland and France have one of their rare good performances and win. Mind you the chances of them both producing that are small.

Sexton looks injured to me and if he doesn't play, Ireland would be vulnerable at Murrayfield.

I said after the England game that Wales would improve throughout the tournament as this is the Gatland way. How is he going to manage the World Cup with Wales having to produce excellence early to go through the Group stage ?

I wish I shared your confidence, but the French have already pumped 22 points past the Italians with no reply today. England won by 41 points in the last game in Rome last year. I think the Italians will crumble next week.

I think the Australians are vulnerable at the moment re:World Cup. But six months is a long time in Rugby. So many talented youngsters coming through in many nations, England especially.

Wales good value at 8/1 for an England insurance. Now watch Ireland win it....

Last edited:

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
I wish I shared your confidence, but the French have already pumped 22 points past the Italians with no reply today. England won by 41 points in the last game in Rome last year. I think the Italians will crumble next week.

Italy really didn't want to know today. They've beaten France the last twice at home with worse teams than this and better France teams than this. France were awful as well but just grew in confidence as Italy got worse and worse.

If that Italy turn up next week, Wales have got a chance.

Eeyore

NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Italy really didn't want to know today. They've beaten France the last twice at home with worse teams than this and better France teams than this. France were awful as well but just grew in confidence as Italy got worse and worse.

If that Italy turn up next week, Wales have got a chance.

If you bear in mind that France is Italy's main rivals, you see where I am coming from.

Naturally, I am happy to take a full hard boiled in the face when England lift the trophy next Saturday ! (I've still stuck a fiver on Wales @ 8/1 though) My original post was a dig at someone (not as knowledgeable as you clearly are) inferring that I know little about Rugby when I suggested that the final week might fall exactly as it has after England's victory in Wales. It's good to see that NSC has a few folk who love, and know much of, the great game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here