Fraser joins Hillians for title push

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
As the Argus article goes on to say, it's at right back and up front where Hill need to strengthen. Fraser is a decent enough signing for our level but may end up like the other big name signing we got at the start of the season (Matt Lawrence) who hasn't kicked a ball and, truth be told, hasn't been needed.

Tough one for Hill today at Herne Bay who are flying and currently occupy the last play off place. I'd take a point now but fear the unbeaten run may come to an end there.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Controversially I think he showed as much promise as one of our existing maligned midfielders. Did he reach that potential is the question?

He was a complete billy-big-bollocks....which probably hampered his career.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Dropping down the leagues like a stone, good. I cannot stand him, arrogant tosspot who genuinely thought he was better than what he was.

This

bobby baxter

Jan 31, 2014
"Leaders Burgess Hill have signed former Albion midfielder Tommy Fraser to strengthen their squad.

Fraser, 27, who has been with Peacehaven and Lewes this season, brings a wealth of experience but will not feature tomday when the Hillians got to Herne Bay bidding to stretch their amazing 35-game unbeaten league run."

http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/11856061.Fraser_joins_Hillians_for_title_push/

Was Fraser any good ???

Good player at that level, the problem is, he could start a fight in an empty room

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Do they actually need any more players ? 'Title push' ? More like gentle stroll.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
Who did they lose to?

Whyteleafe 1-0 the week before last. Decent point at nearest challengers, Faversham, yesterday means Hill need 4 points from their last 6 games to clinch the title , the first 3 of which should be achieved at home to Ramsgate this Wednesday evening. That would leave 1 point to gain at Carshalton next Saturday.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Controversially I think he showed as much promise as one of our existing maligned midfielders. Did he reach that potential is the question?

He looked to me like the kind of player that plays exactly to the manager's instructions, nothing more, nothing less. And then there was THAT goal, at Hereford...........

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Isnt that what you expect a player to do rather than as he wishes.

Up to a point, yes - but most players (I think) also use their own initiative; if they see a good opening, they will go for it, even if that does mean, for instance, a CM suddenly arriving in the penalty area. To me, Tommy Fraser looked like he was playing very strictly to orders, and was perhaps restricted by them at times. Obviously, managers do tend to like players who are meticulous in carrying out instructions.

Whyteleafe 1-0 the week before last. Decent point at nearest challengers, Faversham, yesterday means Hill need 4 points from their last 6 games to clinch the title , the first 3 of which should be achieved at home to Ramsgate this Wednesday evening. That would leave 1 point to gain at Carshalton next Saturday.

Are you driving up to Carshalton?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here