Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drop ball

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When was the last time anybody saw a proper dropped ball that was contested by the two players. For our games possibly back to Paul Clarks days and on the TV God knows. I assume it is still covered in the laws of football.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Paul Clark's days? Don't be ridiculous. Granted, you see them less these days, but they still happen.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think that's where he's got the idea for the thread f0rom...

Yes it was but it reminded I havent seen one for years all we see now is the pathetic pass to the keeper. Thinking about it Chippie may have been involved in some at Withdean. It was the refs get out if they werent sure who fouled who.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
There is a youth football ref in the Mid Sussex area that loves it - he does 2-3 every game, usually when there is a 50/50 ball and it's briefly trapped between two players, or he's not sure who fouled who. He is of course fecking useless but we still have to pay him his 20-odd quid for ruining everyone's Sunday morning. Twunt.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Interesting fun fact for the day.

You can put as many players into a drop ball, as possible. It's just widely accepted as 'convention' to be one from each side. It also doesn't have to be bounced between the two players. I've seen a referee throw the ball behind him.

Of course nobody really knows this anyway! Quite rare, but you see them given for when they have to be. Normally refs just 'find' a foul and go with that.

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
There was one today in the Palace v QPR match. Didn't see why, I was mostly looking for Zaha to suffer a broken metatarsal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here