Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remf quiz

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Well, it happened tonight. Had a great time. Didn't win (even though we aced the music round 10/10) but that was a really good quiz!

100+ questions on all general knowledge including a whole round on fecking Ireland!

Big shout out to [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION] for hosting and doing a fantastic job as quizmaster. Well played sir.

I would write a bit more but I've got home feeling more drunk than I wNt to willingly admit to the missus and trying to act sober isn't easy.

Well done to all involved.

Can't wait til the next one!!!

(If anyone sees a rather hung over bald chap in WSU tomorrow then be gentle)

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
There were only three in our team as we were BADLY let down by flakey no-shows - however as it was at the Amex we said there were six anyway. Yeah, that fecking Ireland round did us as well. How can you have ten questions on Ireland and not one on Father Ted? And the World Cup one, I'd genuinely forgotten who'd won it let alone who the semi-finalists were. And consistency. There was no consistency. If you're going to get all picky and say 'Get Back' was by the Beatles AND Billy Preston (cos that's what it said on the label), then the official title of "Je t'aime" is "Je t'aime moi non plus" and all the people who just said "Je t'aime" should lose half a mark. That would have made ....... absolutely no difference whatsoever to the final places. And needless to say they ran out of draught Harveys! Typical. Barber out.

Just joking. It was great fun and it was great to meet up with my old compatriots Kay and Guy and see a few more old faces. Well done Al.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Throughly enjoyed the evening, but think it could have been improved by having the answers to the questions on the big screen, as some did not know the answers !!!!!

Well done to the organisers and the attendees. A great charity raised over £1000.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Great REMF quiz on Friday night

Very large crowd for a good evening in Dick's Bar - well done TLO and all involved. Over £1000 raised. The vicious Beatles question threw most people but I was just grateful to finally find a reason for knowing what FIAT stands for.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
A fantastic evening. Well played Al for putting it on a genuinely decent quiz, tough but doable, excellent work fella. Chuffed with second place as I was expecting mid table mediocrity last night. Congrats to the winners the four point margin at the end proved them the best beyond doubt. If you have yet to attend this event I highly recommend it.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Our two teams did an 'Albion away day', turned up with high expectations then failed to show.

The inquest goes on.

brightonlass2009

Sports sports sports!
It was a Fun quiz but for next year alan can we please have some questions more suited for us younger ones as well? Half the time I literally felt like a spare part. And tbh the guy next to me laughing at my answers didn't help.

Fat Langers

Dec 27, 2007
Yeah last night was a really good evening. A massive thanks to Alan for giving up his time and organising all of that.
And our team actually did quite well. We avoided the wooden spoons and ended up doing a midtable finish.
Over £1k raised and the biggest turn out yet.
Well done to everyone who attended and thank you all for donating

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Pleasure. And thank you to everyone who came along - you are the ones who made the evening.

It was indeed good fun, if a little hot and dry. Air con on the blink I guess.

My one gripe is - and it's not like I want to equate this to a cure for cancer or anything - but Dick's Bar (or rather, the decision of the caterers) not to put Harvey's on was idiotic. What they'd done, apparently, is only ordered enough for the Wolves game, and didn't take into account the quiz night the evening before, even though I'd told them what was happening, and what we'd need for the do, based on previous years. Debbie, who normally does the excellent job of running the bar very efficiently, had the evening off, and another lass was left in charge. Her team did a sterling job, but with no support from anyone higher up the Sodexho chain.

In the end, she phoned the Sodexho manager at home asking if she could put a keg of Harvey's on, got her head bitten off for it, and was told she was allowed to put one on. Naturally, as a keg only has 88 pints, it finished by about 7.20pm. Not happy.

Anyway, that aside, we raised £1,064, had a new team win it (though the team that always finishes second, finished second), were given generous prizes for the raffle (of course, Kay and Phil won a prize each - some things don't change), and I made people snarl at me for horrible and trick questions. Perfect.

Thanks again.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Well, it happened tonight. Had a great time. Didn't win (even though we aced the music round 10/10) but that was a really good quiz!

100+ questions on all general knowledge including a whole round on fecking Ireland!

Big shout out to [MENTION=257]The Large One[/MENTION] for hosting and doing a fantastic job as quizmaster. Well played sir.

I would write a bit more but I've got home feeling more drunk than I wNt to willingly admit to the missus and trying to act sober isn't easy.

Well done to all involved.

Can't wait til the next one!!!

(If anyone sees a rather hung over bald chap in WSU tomorrow then be gentle)

I did that as an homage to our manager, which was just as well, because a round about Finland would have been horrible.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here