Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Dogs Trust Shoreham, rescue dogs......

Dumseagull

Jun 13, 2012
Lancing
Thinking of getting a rescue dog from the centre in shoreham.

Any one done this? i'm worried that they are just problem dogs?

appreciate any help.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
A man's best friend is his Duck!

But if you want to frighten the census man, a Snapper Turtle works fine.

Except for the evidence that is. If you want the evidence to be eaten, get a Tiger.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Should be no problem, most of those dogs will be fine.

BTW - I grew up there, my parents owned that property when it was a boarding kennels. We sold it to DT. Great place to grow up, surrounded by animals. We could board 100 dogs, 40 cats, we had 20 dogs of our own, 3 horses, 5 sheep, 40 chickens ... fantastic.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
You can take them out for a walk to get an idea of temperament. We saw a beautiful boxer , there, everything in her kennel was ripped up. This gave her away. She was adopted but within a few months the poor girl was back at Shoreham.

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
Took a Jack Russell who had been rehomed 3 times and had been in the dogs trust for months, turned out to be a great dog who loved children, adults and was good with other dogs, some dogs just need a chance.

Last edited:

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
O/T - Do it. You won't regret it. The 'bad' placements are a tiny tiny tiny percentage.

janee

Fur half
Oct 19, 2008
Lentil land
My 2 are rescues and my first dog was from there. You can visit and take for walks and really get to know a dog. Research your breeds first whether it's rescue or not. I've only ever rescued - always been fine and great with all my kids

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
Thinking of getting a rescue dog from the centre in shoreham.

Any one done this? i'm worried that they are just problem dogs?

appreciate any help.
Be very open with the staff. They are excellent at getting to know the dogs and will be able to help you choose a dog that would suit your home and needs etc. It's a big commitment that many people underestimate but very rewarding.

gasgull

Nov 14, 2003
Newick
We rescued our Skye from there 5 years ago.
Neopolitan Mastiff who had been living in a flat for her first yr. she had destroyed the kennel but we fell in love with her.she destroyed little bits of our home in the first year,now she's a 8 stone dribbling loving part of our family and we wouldn't change a thing.
You have take a risk with rescue dogs so think carefully. They have had a bad start in life so need commitment.To us there was no option we would look after her no matter what she did..aggression aside.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
We got our dog from Dogs Trust - Shoreham 10 years ago. Absolutely no problems, they will give you all the info on the dog
i.e Temprement, likes, dislikes, behaviour, does it like Children, other dogs or cats. You can also take it for walks on Adur rec
so you can get used to each other before taking the dog home. Dogs Trust never put a healthy dog down so even if things don't work out and you have to take it back, you can do so in the knowledge knowing it will be ok back at the kennels.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Should be no problem, most of those dogs will be fine.

BTW - I grew up there, my parents owned that property when it was a boarding kennels. We sold it to DT. Great place to grow up, surrounded by animals. We could board 100 dogs, 40 cats, we had 20 dogs of our own, 3 horses, 5 sheep, 40 chickens ... fantastic.

Surprised you didn't move in to the Sunday Roast trade ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here