Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace about to be taken over by Yanks

Multiple investors including private equity outfit Apollo

A group of investors including private equity executives from Apollo Global Management and Blackstone are in late-stage discussions with the owners of the south London club, according to people familiar with the matter. A deal may be unveiled as soon as next week, one of these people said, cautioning that the terms were still being finalised.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
As long as it isn't agillo :nono:

What's the consensus for this, Dougie amongst the Palace ranks?

I'd imagine discontent because of its anti-modern football approach, however, American money may see Palace in the premier league for longer.

Deal with the devil for glory or retain its community-esque feel?

Some of the biggest names on Wall Street are closing in on a takeover of mid-ranked English Premier League club Crystal Palace, a month after broadcasters announced they were handing over £5bn for the UK rights to football's most lucrative domestic competition.

The US consortium is led by Josh Harris, a billionaire who helped found Apollo, and David Blitzer, a senior executive at Blackstone.

The group has been following Crystal Palace's progress for much of this year and has been in on-and-off talks with its owners. Talks were put on hold at around the end of last year when the club changed manager to arrest a slump in form.

Fears of relegation from the Premier League threatened to scupper the proposed takeover, but Palace has revived on the pitch and its Premier League status is looking more secure. It sits in 12th place, with 10 games remaining in the season.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
What's the consensus for this, Dougie amongst the Palace ranks?

I'd imagine discontent because of its anti-modern football approach, however, American money may see Palace in the premier league for longer.

Deal with the devil for glory or retain its community-esque feel?

I'm nervous GE , the idea that the two Steve's are staying on is comforting with Steve parish running the club . It's been on going for a long time but the finish line is fast approaching :ohmy:

Hugh'sDad

Nov 29, 2011
'Ove
Strange one this.
ill supported yoyo team in a shitty ground, in the fag end of a shitty borough......no possibility of steaming any juice out of a 'Brand'......Arse-smell, Chelski sorted, and Spurts and the 'Ammers just shy of expanding.

Sounds like bollox to me, and if its not, I'd guess they have a scam up their sleeves (Think Archer)

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Fitting, Crumbling Shithurst Park, a ground with absolutely no atmosphere. "Houston, the Eagle has landed."

:thumbsup:

That's one of the main reasons botty , to get the finance required to re develope selhurst . You never know we might have padded seats soon :)

Strange one this.
ill supported yoyo team in a shitty ground, in the fag end of a shitty borough......no possibility of steaming any juice out of a 'Brand'......Arse-smell, Chelski sorted, and Spurts and the 'Ammers just shy of expanding.

Sounds like bollox to me, and if its not, I'd guess they have a scam up their sleeves (Think Archer)

I think the clue is in the £5bn Sky rights. The economics of the Prem are now obscene and money men think they can make even more money, even with yo yo outfits like our dear friends as long as they can keep their top flight status

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Some of the biggest names on Wall Street are closing in on a takeover of mid-ranked English Premier League club Crystal Palace, a month after broadcasters announced they were handing over £5bn for the UK rights to football's most lucrative domestic competition.

The US consortium is led by Josh Harris, a billionaire who helped found Apollo, and David Blitzer, a senior executive at Blackstone.

The group has been following Crystal Palace's progress for much of this year and has been in on-and-off talks with its owners. Talks were put on hold at around the end of last year when the club changed manager to arrest a slump in form.

Fears of relegation from the Premier League threatened to scupper the proposed takeover, but Palace has revived on the pitch and its Premier League status is looking more secure. It sits in 12th place, with 10 games remaining in the season.

I would imagine that they would turn it down out of principle given their longstanding and world renown moral code and their vociferous support of the underdog and refusal to participate in the commercial part of the beautiful game.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Josh Harris hasn't got a fantastic record.

He owns the Philly 76ers (2nd worst basketball team in the NBA) and the New Jersey Devils hockey team, also having a very bad season. He hasn't put much money into either of them and the Philly fan who sits behind me at work can't stand him.

Apollo and Blackstone both PE forms noted for pumping acquisition targets full of debt.

I wouldn't be rejoicing at this news if I was a Palace fan.....

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing

He owns the Philly 76ers (2nd worst basketball team in the NBA) and the New Jersey Devils hockey team, also having a very bad season. He hasn't put much money into either of them and the Philly fan who sits behind me at work can't stand him.

Apollo and Blackstone both PE forms noted for pumping acquisition targets full of debt.

Oh, good

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012

Well if your work mate can't stand him we're ****ed aren't we . I'm not rejoicing , far from it , but we wil see .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here