Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The ***Official taking it easy drinkies thread***

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I had a Pad Thai last night and it's upset my delicate tummy (we're loose) so what with it being Friday the thirteeth, the Albion at home tomorrow and my obvious ailment I am determined to keep it real with just a couple of pints of Burning Sky Plateau and maybe just one Simcoe from the Kent brewery tonight. Oh and a Baileys when I get home to settle things back down.
Moderation that's the key word tonight for Questions.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Woke to find I had needlessly bought 2 pints to take away from the Alehouse last night.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Woke to find I had needlessly bought 2 pints to take away from the Alehouse last night.

If you are coming down tonight it will just about make tomorrow . What did you buy ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If you are coming down tonight it will just about make tomorrow . What did you buy ?

Dunno, I couldn't remember what I was drinking at the start of the evening, let alone the end of the evening.

The Brighton Bear

Come on Kylie, get a grip
May 3, 2010
Rottingdean
I have just done four days at the pub watching Cheltenham. I am completely beered out but I have turned to wine now. I'm not doing any moderation stuff now!

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
image.jpg

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
I had a Pad Thai last night and it's upset my delicate tummy (we're loose) so what with it being Friday the thirteeth, the Albion at home tomorrow and my obvious ailment I am determined to keep it real with just a couple of pints of Burning Sky Plateau and maybe just one Simcoe from the Kent brewery tonight. Oh and a Baileys when I get home to settle things back down.
Moderation that's the key word tonight for Questions.

Similar question to what I've just posed to Tarpon. I still haven't tried Burning Sky, and really think I should.
Where can I find them for on and off sales in Brighton please?

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Please describe, particularly with regard to Hophead and their American Pale Ale.
Also, where it is available in Brighton, both off and on sales?

Never had cask only bottled: heavier bodied than above, darker rusty/copper coloured, moderately sweet and bitter, intensely hoppy(!), malty and long bitter finish. Smells a bit of toffee to me.

Best drunk slow after a shite week at work while listening to Ghostpoet's new long player I currently find. Obv not a session number unlike pre match favourite Hophead.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Was rather merry last night, so I've decided to take it easy. I got a case of Magners for free at work the other week so had one of those. One bottle, not case.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Brewdog Brixton Porter, Mikkeller Amass Red Ale, Norge Ø IPA and some pilsners in Hackbarts.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Oh from here at Fiveways

http://www.quaffwine.com/

4 for £10 tonight.

That f/ing place (quaff) is almost entirely responsible for turning myself and my other half into alcoholics. That Pale 360 they sell in there, along with all the Arundel Brewery ales (Sussex Gold) are the nectar of the gods. Hadn't seen any Dark Star in there, so will have to pay another visit.

Burning Sky Plateau I've only had in The Snowdrop, Lewes - lovely pint.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
That f/ing place (quaff) is almost entirely responsible for turning myself and my other half into alcoholics. That Pale 360 they sell in there, along with all the Arundel Brewery ales (Sussex Gold) are the nectar of the gods. Hadn't seen any Dark Star in there, so will have to pay another visit.

Burning Sky Plateau I've only had in The Snowdrop, Lewes - lovely pint.

You probably know but Quaff have different cask ales out the back they sell in returnable bottles. Had some Dark Star Arise the other week - splendid stuff.

Agree about the 360 American Pale Ale: it made a visit to the Preston Park Tavern more than tolerable. I need to investigate further.

Lastly, this lot look interesting:

http://bartlebysbrewery.com/about-2/

Brewed in Hollingdean, vegan, delivered by bike, workers co-op...so Brighton it must hurt.:cheers:

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Nothing like a strong coffee with the saturday papers
image.jpg

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Never had cask only bottled: heavier bodied than above, darker rusty/copper coloured, moderately sweet and bitter, intensely hoppy(!), malty and long bitter finish. Smells a bit of toffee to me.

Best drunk slow after a shite week at work while listening to Ghostpoet's new long player I currently find. Obv not a session number unlike pre match favourite Hophead.

Might try that combination, but I'll have to go and snaffle them up. Thanks

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Similar question to what I've just posed to Tarpon. I still haven't tried Burning Sky, and really think I should.
Where can I find them for on and off sales in Brighton please?

Craft often have a a Burning Sky Saison on or sometimes the Plateau. They had Hophead on today but it's a different one with the inclusion of New Zealand hops I was told . Nice and punchy.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here