Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T: Headlights

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
Just wondering where the best place to go is to sort out the headlights on my 206, bulb has gone and I'm not quite sure where the best place to go is. So I thought i'd tap in to the fountain of knowledge that is NSC, thanks

:albion2:

Brighthelmstone

Nov 9, 2011
Burgess Hill
If you're sure its the bulb then Halfrauds or any motorfactors will be able to supply a replacement. the smaller independants will often replace it for you as well, such as VKM in Burgess Hill. Halfords will also fit it for you but charge, about £8 i think?

Changing a bulb is pretty easy though, give it a go :)

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
This is really something any motorist should be able to do themselves - pop down to Halfords or similar

Depends on the car!!

On my old Ford Focus the drivers side bulb was really easy to replace, remove the cover, pop out the bulb, put in the new one..... happy days!

On the passenger side, it was a fricking nightmare, the battery was too close to the cover so the "easiest" way to replace the bulb was to take out the whole front section of the car. I went to Halfords once for this and there were three focuses in a line all having the passenger side bulb changed.

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
This is really something any motorist should be able to do themselves - pop down to Halfords or similar

On my Yaris you have to remove the battery, the fuse box, etc. to get to the battery. Suspect a 206 could be the same. Halfords were unable to do this and I had to go to the dealer.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
On my Yaris you have to remove the battery, the fuse box, etc. to get to the battery.

But if you can't get to the battery to remove it, how do you get to it?

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Depends on the car!!

On my old Ford Focus the drivers side bulb was really easy to replace, remove the cover, pop out the bulb, put in the new one..... happy days!

On the passenger side, it was a fricking nightmare, the battery was too close to the cover so the "easiest" way to replace the bulb was to take out the whole front section of the car. I went to Halfords once for this and there were three focuses in a line all having the passenger side bulb changed.

My fog lights are a bumper-off job. By comparison the headlights can be changed in about twenty seconds in the dark on the drivers side and maybe forty seconds in a push on the passengers side. Zero consistency.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I replaced the bulb on my wife's 206. 7 months later, the MOT examiner informed me that her car had failed the MOT because the lamp was not at the correct angle!
From experience I would either get a professional to do it, or do it yourself but get the angle checked on one of those special machines they use!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here