Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Elvis Costello - At the Dome

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
So what did we think? Personally, I thought Elvis himself was on great form but was let down by an audience who couldn't sit down for one f**king minute! :angry:

Support act was hilarious by the way :lolol:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Entertaining evening I always enjoy the reworking of familiar songs to just guitar or piano. Also good to hear album tracks that dont usually get an airing with the full band. Only downside and its probably just me but I just dont get people going crazy for she. If you want covers stick with the Nick Lowe ones.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
So what did we think? Personally, I thought Elvis himself was on great form but was let down by an audience who couldn't sit down for one f**king minute! :angry:

Maybe he should have sung ' I can't stand up for falling down' or change it to 'I can't stand up ':D

Not one person would have been sitting down watching Elvis Costello in 1979.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Saw him on the one show or similar a week or so ago, sounded like his voice had gone?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

I have never seen anyone sit down at a gig at the Dome! I thought it was traditional to trash at least the front 6 rows of seats?

Never a big fan on record but understand from a friend who has seen him live that he gives 110% - saw part of his Glastonbury set on tv a year or so ago and certainly got that impression.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Maybe he should have sung ' I can't stand up for falling down' or change it to 'I can't stand up ':D

Not one person would have been sitting down watching Elvis Costello in 1979.

I have never seen anyone sit down at a gig at the Dome! I thought it was traditional to trash at least the front 6 rows of seats?

I would have loved it if everyone could have stood! It was the fact that everyone had to keep standing up to let the same lot go off for multiple toilet breaks/the bar :(

getz

Jan 15, 2010
How can the ugliest man in pop history be married to the beautiful Diana Krall ?

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
What first attracted you to the millionaire Elvis Costello?

Though I believe talent is a turn on for a lot of women.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here