Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So who's the best guitarist who frequents NSC?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I vote for me.

I know four chords so that means I'm even better than Status Quo.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
Me.

Name any power chord on earth and I bet I could play it. I even almost once nearly played the riff to Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love by Van Halen without making ANY mistakes.

I believe this competition is over.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I can play D, G, C Emajor and Eminor and an A chord

Unfortunately, I find it tricky to move my fingers in time from chord to chord but I have a brilliant beginners set of websites and JUSTINGUITAR books.

I can play a few Eagles songs very badly, and I can play the opening chords to hotel California brilliantly.

The only real song I happily play is Holding Back The Years by simply red....only three chords easy peesy!

BTW. I am shite a barre chords as I have fat fingers :(:(:(

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I vote for me.

I know four chords so that means I'm even better than Status Quo.

Very seriously,l I assumed status quo songs were really easy to play and they really are NOT. Rick Parfitt's you tube videos on playing some of their biggest songs just show how fecking difficult they are.

My ambition is to play like chuck berry

tinycowboy

Aug 9, 2008
Canterbury
I'm really something on the guitar - I can play the middle bit from You Made Me Realise by My Bloody Valentine, acoustic or electric, and also Destroy The Heart by House of Love. I once busked in France and played a selection of songs, including Sight of You by The Pale Saints, Today by Smashing Pumpkins (money-spinner) and Stickleback by The Edsel Auctioneer. As a result, I was befriended by a homeless man who told my playing lacked suppleness.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I can play D, G, C Emajor and Eminor and an A chord

Unfortunately, I find it tricky to move my fingers in time from chord to chord but I have a brilliant beginners set of websites and JUSTINGUITAR books.

I can play a few Eagles songs very badly, and I can play the opening chords to hotel California brilliantly.

The only real song I happily play is Holding Back The Years by simply red....only three chords easy peesy!

BTW. I am shite a barre chords as I have fat fingers :(:(:(

Very similar. I know quite a few chords but I find changing between them really tricky, it always takes me a second or so to locate all the strings and the frets and then move my fingers into the new position - and then the chances are you'll have to change again a few moments later. And I can never hold down bar chords properly. The piano is so much easier to play.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
It's that really all you can MUSTER NSC?!? I used to own one of those guitars, you know like one of those double guitars - that's how much I rate myself. Seriously, Don Felder has nothing on my when it comes to the 70s God of yore look, as as for what I can play, well it's more a case of what can't I play! Right I'm off to play Burn by Deep Purple, all of it. Yep that's where I'm coming from l a d i e s, balls to the floor riffing and neo-classical soloing a go go. Put that in yer 'twee' three chord pipes and smoke it you MOTHER'S!

Kosh

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
What axes do people own?

I've had a Mexican sunburst Tele for years, cracking guitar. Recently bought one of the new Gibson LPJs- basically an entry level Les Paul. Have to say I'm very impressed with it, especially for the price.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
I'm a bluffer, frankly but seem to have got away with it, so don't tell anyone. Somehow accumulated 14 guitars over the years

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
This is my weapon of choice. An RKS Dark Star.

alias-Darkstar_angle.jpg

seagully

Cock-knobs!
Jun 30, 2006
Battle
I'm a bluffer, frankly but seem to have got away with it, so don't tell anyone. Somehow accumulated 14 guitars over the years

Same here. My Dad and two brothers are all excellent natural guitarists/musicians but I must be the milkman's as I find it much harder to learn and pick things up.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
I'm really something on the guitar - I can play the middle bit from You Made Me Realise by My Bloody Valentine, acoustic or electric, and also Destroy The Heart by House of Love. I once busked in France and played a selection of songs, including Sight of You by The Pale Saints, Today by Smashing Pumpkins (money-spinner) and Stickleback by The Edsel Auctioneer. As a result, I was befriended by a homeless man who told my playing lacked suppleness.

What excellent taste, you can come and busk in Mill Square Storrington this weekend if you like, you would go down a storm with the Waitrose Crowd. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Just noted where you live, it might not such a money spinner after all. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here