Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Michael Jacobs

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Michael Jacobs who tore us apart as a young player for Northampton in a cup tie some 5 or 6 years ago, has signed on loan from Wolves to Blackpool. He looked a good prospect then and is still only 23 years old. Would have been a good loan signing to play wide.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Michael Jacobs who tore us apart as a young player for Northampton in a cup tie some 5 or 6 years ago, has signed on loan from Wolves to Blackpool. He looked a good prospect then and is still only 23 years old. Would have been a good loan signing to play wide.

He's hardly set the world alight since leaving Northampton for Derby, they loaned him out to Wolves who were in League 1 around a year after signing him. Wolves signed him permanently in Jan 14 and now just over a year later he's moved to a team who are as good as in League 1. I see a pattern emerging here.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I said he looked a good prospect at 17/18 years old and at 23 still young enough to rekindle that promise. Sometimes a player benefits by a move to another club and as a loan wouldnt have cost much I consider it worth the gamble. If it fails or he fails nothing lost but if it works?

southdownswolf

Aug 4, 2003
eastbourne
Maybe... but he didn't set the World alight for either Derby or us. Like you say, perhaps a change of playing style might be more suited to him.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Only seen him once (I think) and that was about 18 months ago when he was awesome on the day. Looks like it wasn't a consistant thing though. Typical project winger we could sign on a free and rotate in but otherwise no thanks

DazzaWolvesUK

Mar 12, 2015
Hey guys, thought ill comment on this thread and ty for accepting my rights to post :)

Jacobs was brilliant last season for us but since we got promoted he hasnt really been the same player.

When hes played for us this season he always wanted more time on the ball and couldnt beat a man or get some good balls in the box he was class in league one cuz he got more time on the ball but i guess we found out this year why we got him so cheap from derby.

I think maybe going to blackpool will help him get some match time but i think hes very average in this league and probably league one is his level unfortunately.

Thanks

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here