Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

previous and present goalkeeper

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If you've been watching the TLS recently, you'll know that TK has been all over the place. The Cardiff game in particular he looked liked he'd never played in goal before, whenever a high ball came in.

(He'll have a blinder on Saturday, obviously..,)

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
He'll probably score.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think Kusch was a better all round keeper than Stockdale. There, I said it..!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I think Kusch was a better all round keeper than Stockdale. There, I said it..!

'Was' is an important word in that sentence.

I disagree strongly with your statement anyway. TK is / was a better shot stopper, but weaker in every other area.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
'Was' is an important word in that sentence.

I disagree strongly with your statement anyway. TK is / was a better shot stopper, but weaker in every other area.

I was never Kuszczak's biggest fan, but I would prefer him to Stockdale. Alright, Stockdale is more confident with his feet, but that doesn't matter in reality. Kuszczak made saves which Stockdale wouldn't have been able to and while it's not fair to judge their records comparatively - I think Kuszczak would have conceded fewer goals this season. Just an opinion and can't be supported, but how many basic errors have we seen Stockdale make?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I was never Kuszczak's biggest fan, but I would prefer him to Stockdale. Alright, Stockdale is more confident with his feet, but that doesn't matter in reality. Kuszczak made saves which Stockdale wouldn't have been able to and while it's not fair to judge their records comparatively - I think Kuszczak would have conceded fewer goals this season. Just an opinion and can't be supported, but how many basic errors have we seen Stockdale make?

3 or 4.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Think back to the last game of last season, at Forest. That last five minutes wouldn't have been anything like as good if TK had been able to make a halfway decent save.

All hail TK.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I agree. There was seemingly no need to let a very good slid keeper go and spend £1mil on a replacement tbh... Just don't see the logic. We'd def have conceded less with him in goal this tear although Stockdales' distribution is better...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Think back to the last game of last season, at Forest. That last five minutes wouldn't have been anything like as good if TK had been able to make a halfway decent save.

All hail TK.

To be fair his last few matches were poor & he made a few mistakes. Stockdale's already made more errors this season than TK did in 2 seasons here though...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here