Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Failed logins

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
Excuse my naivety, but when I get an email from NSC saying that five failed attempts to access my account were made, should I be concerned? Is it just spambots? Am I being virtually assaulted? Is it an error? Is Edward Snowden on the case?

All advice/experiences gratefully received.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
There was another thread on this recently with a few (including myself) having received the email. If I recall correctly it is chineese hackers trying to get access.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
There was another thread on this recently with a few (including myself) having received the email. If I recall correctly it is chineese hackers trying to get access.

Sounds like the Chinese are getting angsty about the growing power of the Police Box Crew and were keen to access Dan's account and infiltrate at source. If Dan starts suggesting ditching Yankee Doodle Dandy in favour of Keep The Red Flag Flying we'll know they've succeeded.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm getting quite a few emails from people getting these. I imagine even more are getting them and not getting in touch.

For some reason NSC seems to have been targeted a lot lately. There's not much I can do - banning the few IP addresses I get to know about will make little difference, as the hackers will have access to numerous IP addresses to try from.

All I can suggest is...

- Ensure your NSC password is not a simple one
- Ensure your NSC password is not the same as the password for the email account you registered to NSC from, or any other services where you have used the same email address
- Otherwise Ignore the emails if/when you get them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here