Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

O/T Any suggestions for cheap meeting rooms?

I have someone who is looking to arrange about 40 meetings a year within about 25 miles of Brighton, some daytime some evenings, needs to be able to accommodate 30 people U-shaped table and 70 theatre style.

No catering needed so doesn't have to be a hotel, maybe a big pub or golf club or maybe even a village hall or social club, as long as there is free parking.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

No idea what the meetings are for, probably Ann Summers parties or Palace get-togethers for all I know. And the budget is low.

My guess is some sort of presentation meetings but that's only a guess. I'm enquiring for a friend I've known for 45 years who runs an events company so I know he's genuine and I'm sure he will tell the venue all they need to know, when he can identify a suitable place.

Shy Talk

Mar 3, 2012
Brighton
The Ladies Mile pub in Patcham has a free-standing meeting room/hall. Would accommodate that many people, I'd have thought.

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing Town FC have space about this size at their Palatine Park base. Think it is fairly cheap to rent.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You could try the Brighton Media Centre. I worked there so know the place and people and they are pretty flexible and accommodating.

Thanks for the suggestion guys. If anybody else has any ideas, it doesn't have to be in Brighton, anything within about 25 miles although preferably to the east or north rather than the west as there already a series of meetings booked for the Southampton area.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I've been to a load of conference rooms and similar facilities when I was a junior ref. There's a couple to the west of Brighton, so not ideal if you're looking more in the opposite direction, but if they offer good value and suit your friend's needs then why not give one a try?

Thomas Beechams Social Club in Worthing;
Impulse Leisure Centre in Sompting (£20 per hour for the conference room there)

I don't have any affiliations with these places but I do like being helpful :)

I've been to a load of conference rooms and similar facilities when I was a junior ref. There's a couple to the west of Brighton, so not ideal if you're looking more in the opposite direction, but if they offer good value and suit your friend's needs then why not give one a try?

Thomas Beechams Social Club in Worthing;
Impulse Leisure Centre in Sompting (£20 per hour for the conference room there)

I don't have any affiliations with these places but I do like being helpful :)

Thanks, i´ll pass these and other suggestions on. these seem that parking might be easier than somewhere in town. Going west from Brighton isn't a problem, he just doesn't want to go to near Southampton as they already have that area covered. But Worthing and Sompting would be fine I guess.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here