Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Change to FIFA game?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
I've just got home from work and my son has just chewed my ear off for last 15 mins about some change that EA has made to FIFA, something about coins or something.

Can anybody enlighten me, I feel I'm not giving him the support he thinks he deserves!

I've been making encouraging noises, but I don't think it's working.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I've just got home from work and my son has just chewed my ear off for last 15 mins about some change that EA has made to FIFA, something about coins or something.

Can anybody enlighten me, I feel I'm not giving him the support he thinks he deserves!

Its an attempt to make FIFA more realistic. You give them enough 'coins' and you get to choose where the games are played, and influence the results.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand

Right he's talking about Ultimate Team.

Basically Ultimate Team (UT) is a part of FIFA where you get digital player cards basically and you create a team. You earn coins playing games and winning them.

The more coins you have the better players you get.

You used to either buy packs or go on to auction - which is where everyone is throwing their toys out of the pram.

EA decided to remove the auction procedure and put in a tiered value for all cards and packs. It's partly to do with eliminating any dodgy coin deals (where 3rd parties pay millions of coins for a crap player because you bought some fifa coins online, yes it happens and it's very sad).

The reason why everyone is up in arms about this is that it does not happen to everyone but ever since YouTubers and top FIFA players - like KSIOlajidebt - advertise coin websites on their videos, EA has responded by removing the auctioning system (which is what these coin websites use to provide their service).

Here's an article to explain it: http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/mar/11/has-ea-just-broken-fifa-ultimate-team

Tell him it'll be fine and play season mode instead.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

Basically Ultimate Team (UT) is a part of FIFA where you get digital player cards basically and you create a team. You earn coins playing games and winning them.

You used to either buy packs or go on to auction - which is where everyone is throwing their toys out of the pram.

EA decided to remove the auction procedure and put in a tiered value for all cards and packs. It's partly to do with eliminating any dodgy coin deals (where 3rd parties pay millions of coins for a crap player because you bought some fifa coins online, yes it happens and it's very sad).

The reason why everyone is up in arms about this is that it does not happen to everyone but ever since YouTubers and top FIFA players - like KSIOlajidebt - advertise coin websites on their videos, EA has responded by removing the auctioning system (which is what these coin websites use to provide their service).

Here's an article to explain it: http://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/mar/11/has-ea-just-broken-fifa-ultimate-team

Thanks. Makes a little more sense.

The way he was going on I thought someone had died!

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
So EA hasn't made the games played at Selhurst Park more authentic with coins being lobbed at the players after they score at the Holmesdale end ???

Drebin

Jul 25, 2011
Norway

In my day i was just happy to see this...

http://www.google.no/imgres?imgurl=...024Iw&tbm=isch&client=safari&ved=0CCwQMygQMBA

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand

Here's a video to understand why your son is annoyed:

[yt]vdm4YtffNoY[/yt]

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
How did the coin websites get the coins to sell?

They usually "hack" into the system. Usually it's a way of coding. I know someone at my university that showed how simple computer coding can allow anyone to get multiple coins each game on FIFA/exp on Call of Duty etc for his dissertation in computer science - got a first but got a nasty email from EA!

Of course, he did not really care, he just got a first in his degree"

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
In short, people who were CHEATING by spending money and feeding the people who were breaking the game are furious because they can no longer CHEAT to win. They now have to spend their money (if they're stupid enough to) on packs and let it happen naturally. As someone who has had to focus on making a beast MLS team all year because I am simply priced out of the transfer market without spending 20 odd quid on a hackers services, I'm bloody delighted, and so should your son. Tell him CHEATERS NEVER PROSPER.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here