Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

RIP Terry Pratchett

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
I was never a fan of the Discworld series but the documentary he made on assisted suicide (Terry Pratchett: Choosing to Die) was fascinating to watch. RIP

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Wife devastated.
She has read just about every word he has written.
Spent a fortune on Discworld things over the years too.
Met him in the late 90's, really lovely bloke.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Massive gutpunch after reading that. Bloody bloody horrible news, love the discworld series.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
RIP Terry Pratchett, cut down too soon by a horrible disease. An amazingly gifted fantasy/satire writer who will be sadly missed.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
I keep meaning to start on the Discworld series, need to find out which one to start with first though as I currently know next to nothing about them.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I keep meaning to start on the Discworld series, need to find out which one to start with first though as I currently know next to nothing about them.

The Colour of Magic is your entry point, It wasn't that brilliant but he improved with time. Later books are a satire on a genre or sub-genre such as Opera, Movies,Newspapers, or a place such as Australia or Egypt. Some characters are a one off but many reappear frequently such as Cut Me Own Throat Dibler, DEATH, The Patrician, Commander Sam Vimes of the City Watch.Very good observational comedy too. Dive in, a wonderful time awaits.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I loved reading the Discworld books. He was a very talented author, with great humour and satire. Alzheimers is a dreadful disease

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
The Colour of Magic is your entry point, It wasn't that brilliant but he improved with time. Later books are a satire on a genre or sub-genre such as Opera, Movies,Newspapers, or a place such as Australia or Egypt. Some characters are a one off but many reappear frequently such as Cut Me Own Throat Dibler, DEATH, The Patrician, Commander Sam Vimes of the City Watch.Very good observational comedy too. Dive in, a wonderful time awaits.

Thank you! Really knew nothing about them at all until recently. Not sure why I have waited so long to read one of them, but this weekend I shall begin with the Colour of Magic :smile:

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
Now that is really really crappy news, I'm not normally affected by celebrity deaths, but this one has really got to me. Love his books, only consoled by the fact that there are few I still have left to read.

Can just imagine Death waiting for him with his timer....

IT IS TIME

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I am so unbelievably gutted. I'm sitting in the dentist. It's not really the right place to wail, but I think I might.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
It's a cruel, cruel disease for anybody to have to suffer. RIP Terry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here