Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Our Away Form (Nathan Jones)

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
In the league, since Hyypia fell on his sword, our sole commanding away performance (we rode our luck at Charlton) came at Fulham, who, at the time, were in good form.

Nathan Jones managed the team at Fulham. I cannot help thinking that we would have seen more such performances on the road under Nathan Jones. Under Hughton, our away form has been depressing.

To appoint Jones as manager, given our current plight, would have been too great a risk, but his coaching know-how, together with his passion, would have galvanised the players.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Personally we needed to concentrate on our home form. It was WOEFUL and its that which will guarantee rnls.

Aways are and always will be a bonus.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
I agree that 2 points from 5 away games is pretty depressing, especially considering the lack of application in these games where we have been lucky to even get the 2 points. I would also consider that we were rather fortunate to have beaten Derby.

I liked the way Jones put the passion in the players and it looked like we were up for having a bit of a scrap, which is what you need in the Championship. My concern is if our results match our performances and Wigan close the gap, when we play them, we will stick in safe mode and lose the battle. Come the end of the season, if we end up in the relegation battle, I fear we will not be rehearsed in fighting mode.

Reading was a massive disappointment, not because of the result, but because of our performance. We did not look like a team fighting for survival.

Although I think Hughton was a good appointment for us, I don’t feel inspired to our on pitch performances at the moment. Jones had a thumbs up from me at the time and he had an advantage of knowing the players, whereas Hughton and Calderwood would need a few months learning curve to get to grips with the players at hand. I don't think Best or Ledesma have been inspirational signings for us either.

I feel that Jones could have put the Great Escape buzz into the squad. At the moment staying in the Championship is in our own hands and if we do fall from grace, it won't be Sami who is blamed.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The three consecutive home wins have transformed our fortunes. Before that, home form has been absolutely pitful. Upgrade in fortunes is probably all down to a bit of scarf-twirling in the pre-match routine tho eh? :nono:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I wouldn't say that Fulham was our sole commanding away performance. Leeds away, last August, was as good if not better, imo.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
I wouldn't say that Fulham was our sole commanding away performance. Leeds away, last August, was as good if not better, imo.

I did say that the win at Fulham is our only commanding away performance since Hyypia left. :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here