Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Teixeira - Next Season

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Sounds like Teixeira will be given a chance in the first team at Liverpool next season.
Will be interesting to see how he gets on. Just look at Jordan Ibe's loan at Derby, that certainly improved his development and route into the Matchday squads.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/liverpool-fc-talent-teixeira-given-8824823

"That will provide the stage for Teixeira to prove he’s worthy of a place ahead of the 2015/16 campaign.

Teixeira has admitted that if he doesn’t make the grade at Liverpool he would consider a permanent move to Brighton.

Liverpool midfielder Joao Carlos Teixeira will be given the opportunity to force his way into Brendan Rodgers’ plans when he returns to the club this summer.

The Reds boss has been delighted by the first-team experience the 22-year-old has gained during a season-long loan spell with Brighton.

Teixeira has scored six goals in 28 appearances for Chris Hughton’s Championship outfit.

The Portugal youth international, who has one year remaining on his contract, recently admitted he faces a battle trying to establish himself at Anfield due to the competition for places in the Liverpool squad.

However, Rodgers intends to run the rule over Teixeira in pre-season and he’s likely to travel to Australia for July’s tour Down Under.
“It’s really difficult because Liverpool are a big club with great players, but you dream of playing Premier League football with Liverpool,” he said.

“I really want that and I’m going to work for it but you never know what’s going to happen in the future.

“Of course I would see Brighton as an option, I like everything here. I like the city and it’s really nice living here.”

Teixeira cost Liverpool around £800,000 from Sporting Lisbon in 2012. His progress was initially hampered by a back injury before he had a short spell on loan at Brentford.

A run of impressive performances for Liverpool Under-21s led to Rodgers handing him his first-team debut in February 2014. He came off the bench for the last eight minutes of the dramatic 3-2 win over Fulham at Craven Cottage.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't think he is good enough just yet to be a first team Liverpool player. I wouldn't give up hope of getting him once Liverpool name their squad for next season, I see other teams swooping for him as a much bigger and more likely threat.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
he is not good enough for the premier league. too slow, one footed & weak. definitely good enough for us though (now)

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Good for him, sounds like a level-headed lad and I'd wish him all the best if he got a shot at Liverpool. A refreshing change from someone like the poison dwarf Bridcutt, whose career can shrivel up and die for all I care.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Good luck to him. He has provided some magic and will be fondly remembered as one of the loand who "gave a shit" unlike people like Best or extremely limited like Paynter.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
This is just a different spin to what was in the Argus a week or so ago.

I would like Tex back, however I hope we are not going to wait over the summer, We need to know early doors otherwise I can see us missing out on him.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
he is not good enough for the premier league. too slow, one footed & weak. definitely good enough for us though (now)
I'm not sure who you've been watching this season. Weak is something you could level at him tbf, but he's pretty decent on his left foot and has more than enough pace to cope just fine in the attacking midfield role.

His job isn't to outsprint people over 40 yards. He just needs enough acceleration to create that yard or two that Coutinho/Silva/Oscar occupy at the top level. He's a way behind them obviously but his balance, dribbling and awareness of space is already prem level imo. Just needs to gain consistency and learn how to outsmart a man-to-man marker.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Bad news for us if he goes. But if that is to be, then please, please, please Chris Hughton, play him in every single game for the rest of the season and make the most of him while we can!

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

I would like Tex back, however I hope we are not going to wait over the summer, We need to know early doors otherwise I can see us missing out on him.
If he gets the chance to go on the Aussie tour, as Liverpool seem to be suggesting, then of course he should go. And we should keep the door open for him if Liverpool decide not to keep him - even if it takes them until the end of the transfer window to decide. I agree we should move early in the transfer window, sort out pre-season etc, but Tex is one worth waiting for. If he comes at the end of August, that would be great - and he'll hardly be a stranger to most of the team, will he?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
If he gets the chance to go on the Aussie tour, as Liverpool seem to be suggesting, then of course he should go. And we should keep the door open for him if Liverpool decide not to keep him - even if it takes them until the end of the transfer window to decide. I agree we should move early in the transfer window, sort out pre-season etc, but Tex is one worth waiting for. If he comes at the end of August, that would be great - and he'll hardly be a stranger to most of the team, will he?

I dont disagree, but what happens if he doesnt come at the end of January, we scramble around for second best and dont get anyone in to fill a much needed creative role?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

We've got no chance of getting him in early doors, as he's got another year at Liverpool. I'm sure Rodgers will want to look at him pre-season to see if he can get into their squad.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

Don't think he's good enough to force his way into Liverpool's squad of 25; although he is good enough for the PL - just don't tell anyone.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom

Hmmmmm not strictly true - he WILL struggle against the bigger sides I agree for the reasons you gave but against lower half teams he's a valuable asset.

Would be a top squad player for them.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Definitely worth taking a gamble on him if he becomes available, the sort of player on his day who can get the crowd going with a piece of magic. A bit more strength, consistency and better decision making, which will come with experience, and he will be a top player. I hope he's sensible enough to want to play regularly at a decent level rather than sit around on the bench or playing reserve football.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I dont disagree, but what happens if he doesnt come at the end of January, we scramble around for second best and dont get anyone in to fill a much needed creative role?
Whoever we've got, I'd still take him in January - or any other time - if he became available

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I don't think this will change our plans. I have faith that we have a list of targets and the likelihood is that Teixeira is on that list. If he becomes available, we'll move if he's within budget. If he doesn't I imagine we'll sign at least 1 player in that attacking midfielder role by July at the latest. Hughton won't want his squad building to have been as late in the day (and shoddy) as this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here